Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--12/31/20-1/3/21 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--12/31/20-1/3/21

Virtual Quilting Weekend--12/31/20-1/3/21

Old 01-04-2021, 08:53 AM

Panchita....the only thing about using cloth drawstring xmas bags is..... it is easier to peek and see what Santa brings....unless you wait until the night before to put them out.
Old 01-04-2021, 12:14 PM

Thimblebug - Ha! You are right, and I have thought of this - currently DS is too young to figure out how to undo bows/knots and I suspect also lacks the dexterity, (though where he will be in relation to both of these next Christmas remains to be seen), but I have a solution (I hope!) that should work for at least a couple of years to come for him. If the worst comes to the worst I can always sew them shut...

If DH wants to look, well, that's up to him!!
Old 01-05-2021, 10:50 AM

My son and daughter are grown now, but when he was little, my son loved to sneak out into the living room after we had gone to bed and peek at all of the gifts. He would even unwrap and then re-wrap them, so no one would know, or so he thought. (His wrapping skills weren't that great.) In the morning, he would both, impress and irritate his little sister by announcing what her gift was before she even got a chance to unwrap it. My dau has reminded us of this every year since and purposely wraps his gifts with extra wrapping and tape so that he has to really work to get at what's inside.