Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend 2/17-20/23 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend 2/17-20/23

Virtual Quilting Weekend 2/17-20/23

Old 02-20-2023, 12:33 PM

Default Forest Galorest

Not sure if I have ever shown this project before, but the pattern date says 2011 and I have opened the project box a few different times, and cut and labeled some strips, etc. however, it has been so long now, I am having to try to decipher my colour code as it is all my own fabrics. 🤪. Today I will see if I can make a start at piecing the 9 patches…. I keep carting this project to retreats but never make the time to actually do it. I only have the one appliqué block made.
Attached Thumbnails 21f780ef-a838-4736-b910-44607a3f1e34.jpeg   42ecb8c1-6bce-4b26-9cb5-e5424ba2ee52.jpeg   b7d85d60-7832-431a-a72f-098e3de9ba24.jpeg  
Old 02-20-2023, 02:08 PM

I am very pleased with what I was able to accomplish this week end. I didn't get everything done on my list but finishing the queen scrappy top ( see post #32) and then finishing my brother's throw top really makes me happy. My brother's top had been sitting for a couple of weeks because my initial ideas just did not work, and I was not happy with ideas that my quilty friends suggested. I finally decided to go with my original ideas but with a lighter background, and am very pleased with the results.
Attached Thumbnails img_1752-small-.jpg  
Old 02-20-2023, 02:45 PM

Lots of great project posted here. I got materials cut and started sewing blocks for my next quilt. Here are a few blocks and the border fabric I will use. Now I need to get back to reality and clean this house. No house fairies shows up to do it for me
Attached Thumbnails e18420b0-46a7-4c60-91b2-c2b7a9574484.jpeg  
Old 02-20-2023, 06:12 PM

Dedmac--so sorry you're having such an awful time with the water issue .

Just got home from LONG meeting so figured I would check in. Quilting with friends was very productive. I made good progress on two ufos and know what I need to do to finish them both which hopefully I will do after I hand bind the quilt I need for Friday. I'm going to work on that at church tomorrow inbetween meetings . It's about 45 inches square so not horribly large. It has been fun quilting with all of you and I hope to see you all next month.
Old 02-20-2023, 06:29 PM

Thank you Heather for hosting,
I didn't even step in the sewing room today. We have a tech coming in the morning to put a camera down the pipes to see where it's broken then hopefully Wednesday or Thursday we can have someone dig up the basement and get it fixed. Oh we also have a blizzard going to be here on Thursday. Fun Fun Fun
Old 02-21-2023, 02:41 AM

Lots of great pictures and progress I see was made this weekend. Thank you Heather for hosting VQW. GingerK, love that panel.😁 Your leaves are perfect. See everyone next month, can't wait.
Old 02-21-2023, 05:33 AM

CJsews, I love your ladies. I haven't seen this pattern in a while and had forgotten all about it. It made my heart to a little dance. We were all productive quilters this weekend. Yeah! Congratulations to all.

I did not finish all of the quilts I had on my list but I did make progress on everything for this VQW! Whoo Hoo! I made 5 scrap blocks last evening following my shopping trip, so check check the list is complete. I did very well on my Shipshewana bargain trip! I stuck to my plan and purchased only what was needed for a quilt for myself and multiple cuts of white-on-white yardage that I use in many of my quilts. I added a couple of notions, rotary blades and a new seam ripper that were on sale too!.. Done and done. See you all next month!
Old 02-21-2023, 08:42 AM

Thimblebug- great color palette.
congratulations on getting both quilt tops done GingerK!

I didn't get as much done as I'd hoped, but I did make progress. Looking forward to the next VQW
Thanks for hosting, Heather.

Rob