Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual quilting weekend 2/18-2/21/22 >

Virtual quilting weekend 2/18-2/21/22

Virtual quilting weekend 2/18-2/21/22

Old 02-18-2022, 11:56 AM

I have some closets to clean but I also have a wedding quilt to finish. If I have it done by March 4, my son can deliver it and I won't have to mail it.
Old 02-18-2022, 12:22 PM

Hi everyone!
It's a sewing day!! Started out kind of sunny but now it's gray, the wind is blowing hard temp is dropping and it snowed about a hour ago! I finished the 2 church tops that I had to sew the binding down on, now I need to drop them off and pick up the other two that are waiting for me. Only problem is I don't really want to go out but I must. I'll make it quick. Then back to sewing binding down. The other things I need to do this weekend is clean my sewing room and finish up 2 UFO's that have been around for way too long.

Happy sewing
Old 02-18-2022, 01:33 PM

My company is gone. I have sewn some of the arcs to background. Not too may of those left. Raggiemom, I am using the CutRite template set that Donna Jordan used in a tutorial. It is going together nicely
Old 02-18-2022, 02:50 PM

Back home, didn't get blown off the road. The new quilts will need beige thread for the bobbin and I'm low on that color. So will pick some up tomorrow,

The first picture is what I dropped off.

An the second is my next project. I'm going to make a table topper and My question is should I sash it with gray or just nest them. I'll put a border of gray before I sandwich. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

But first I need to clean for a bit, trying to get things under control.
Attached Thumbnails dsci0402c.jpg   dsci0404c.jpg  
Old 02-18-2022, 04:03 PM

Dedemac.
Lots of dedication and kindness in those bags.
Blocks are beautiful. For a sampler quilt I like some quiet space between the blooks. Are you desiring a certain finished size?
Old 02-18-2022, 04:10 PM

Irishrose2--hope you're able to finish the wedding quilt so you can save on postage.

cjsews--thanks for the info. I haven't heard of that so will have to check it out.

dedemac--I like to break up the blocks a little myself so I would do a narrow gray sashing.

I finished two child's quilts and a table runner today. Sandwiched a couple more to work on tomorrow. Sounds like it's been a productive day for many!
Old 02-18-2022, 04:11 PM

Dedemac- those blocks are looking great! Like petthefabric, I like the quiet space between the blocks.

Rob

Old 02-18-2022, 04:57 PM

Dedemac - I'm with everyone else. I think some sashing between the blocks would keep them distinct. Maybe a light gray?

Here's my binding! And the finished blocks for the teal and orange quilt. I make lots of lap sized quilts.
Attached Thumbnails 20220218_161424_copy_567x1008.jpg   20220218_161433_copy_567x1008.jpg  
Old 02-18-2022, 05:52 PM

My goal today to finish pinning part 4 of BHMQ-21. Then get up early tomorrow and sew these and the other ones I’ve pinned earlier in the week. Then finish sewing part 3 on the same top. I plan to set up my UFO Raggedy Ann throw on the long arm Saturday and quilt it on Sunday. I’m still undecided on the backing, which is slowing me down on finishing the project. Then it’s back to BHMQ part 5 &6.
My last project to figure out where I’m at on my lock-in mystery which is a ufo from 2 years ago. I have to have this completed by end of March, which is doable. I really like this project. I also need to cut out fabric for this years lock-in mystery. The lock-in mystery is a social activity. We sign-up & go to a location & we are “locked-in.” (Really we aren’t lock-in). For 10-12 hours and try to complete as much as we can on the mystery steps. It’s really fun since we meet several quilters from previous years. Another fun part is seeing everyone’s version of the mystery block. And seeing the finished parade of quilts at the end of the session. I never get the mystery completed before I go home. The pattern is for baby to king size and we chose which size to complete. We can use our stash or buy fabric.
Old 02-18-2022, 05:55 PM
Power Poster

Hi everyone! Heather, thanks for hosting.
Today I found a top I totally forgot I pieced last Spring! It was buried in a pile of non quilt related stuff! I ironed it and plan to layer it and perhaps start quilting this weekend. I promised myself I'm going to quilt every week so I don't forget how to do it! I have a habit of finishing a project and then not practicing and getting rusty when it's time for the next one!!