Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual quilting weekend 2/18-2/21/22 >

Virtual quilting weekend 2/18-2/21/22

Virtual quilting weekend 2/18-2/21/22

Old 02-20-2022, 06:09 PM

Thank you, kristijoy.

I finished my 10” tumbler top today. It’s 60” by 80” and will be given to my church group to finish.

Tomorrow will be a clean up day along with a catch-up day for BOM, etc, blocks.

Last edited by retiredteacher09; 02-20-2022 at 06:12 PM.
Old 02-21-2022, 03:50 AM

Connie, I would love to see a picture of your scrappy tumbler sometime…I purchased a tumbler die and and I really like your idea of the leader/Enders. I will cut some out of scrap fabrics and start a pile to leave at my machine.

Pbraun, love how your appliqué blocks are coming along and look forward to seeing more. I’m glad VQW keeps you motivated as it seems to do for many…

Quiltah Mama, I can imagine how busy you have been in your work field. I’m glad you got some time to sew yesterday. I’m sorry you had to make the decision to give up Craft Spot but I would be interested to learn of the two craft fairs coming in your area and maybe I can take a ride with a girlfriend so I could come see your smiling face and your projects.
Old 02-21-2022, 03:53 AM

The Monday Morning Report...................
1. Finish binding on the Harriett's Journey quilt. - Done with a photo below!
2. Finish piecing HST baby quilt, layer and quilt. - 3/4 quilted when I ran out of white thread last night. Can't believe it, out of white thread!! Oh well! A trip to the store and another half hour of quilting, then binding and it will be done!

A productive weekend with so many lovely finishes and even more reports of good progress. See everyone in a month.
Attached Thumbnails 2022-08-2-harriets-journey-fiinished-resized..jpg  
Old 02-21-2022, 05:00 AM

Thanks jmoore. It was fun to be motivated after publicly stating I would complete the Imagine blocks. However, between a sidetrack baby blanket start and an argument with my machine, I did not quite meet the goal. I do have 10 blocks completed and changed my process to working the last two at the same time. Yesterday I worked with red shapes and thread. Since son is visiting and loves to eat whatever I cook, I will not be able to finish until Wed. However, I am picking up my medallion quilt (1500+ pieces 110" x 100") and taking the Imagine blocks to see if there is a backing other than white. For some reason I do not enjoy working with a lot of white fabric.
Old 02-21-2022, 05:02 AM

WMUTeach that is gorgeous! It looks quite complicated, but I like the way the dark red pulls it all together.
Old 02-21-2022, 05:04 AM

That is so beautiful. I would like to learn to quilt like that. At the moment I do SID and ruler quilting.
Old 02-21-2022, 05:07 AM

kristijoy Love the kid's quilt. I look forward to making one for our youngest grandson, but not until I know what interests him.
Old 02-21-2022, 05:10 AM

Dedemac I certainly understand getting out in MN when the temp rises! Grew up there. But in IL we rarely get snow. However, much to my delight we had two snowstorms during the Winter Olympics. Brought back MN feelings and empathy for the Olympians.
Old 02-21-2022, 07:06 AM

Love your scrappy border and the whole quilt.
Old 02-21-2022, 12:51 PM

Quick update: I did get my flower basket cushion cover finished, finally! It took quite a lot of figuring and some choice language, but it is fully finished and on the sofa downstairs (DS, aged 4, loves it, and has already taken to dragging said cushion around with him, lol)

The cushion cover took pretty much all of my sewing time this weekend, but I am hoping to do some ironing of a backing tonight...

Hope everyone had fun :-)