Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--April 19-21, 2024 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--April 19-21, 2024

Virtual Quilting Weekend--April 19-21, 2024

Old 04-19-2024, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Raggiemom View Post
Love seeing all the pictures of what people are working on. I finished trimming the blocks from the mystery clue. Then I did the prework for the Koin Keeper class I'm taking Sunday afternoon. Tomorrow I'm going to a guild sew-in with friends, I have some charity quilts to work on. My local shop is doing a foundation paper piecing quilt along so I pulled the fabric for that today as well. Much of the day was spent trying to get internet and telephone. We cancelled the tv portion from Spectrum yesterday. We didn't realize they were shutting everything down and sending a new modem to be activated. The modem arrived about lunchtime and we tried activating all afternoon. I don't know what the problem was but after an online chat which ended with DH threatening to cancel all services, the phone and internet started working. The internet speed seems to be a little slow and when I called out, the phone line was quite choppy. Hopefully it resets itself overnight! You don't realize how much you use the internet until you don't have it any more
And this is for sure! I hate that we have to bundle things…we pay over $200 a month for internet and channels, so many we don’t watch. Hard to make changes as we age….
Old 04-19-2024, 06:25 PM

Hello everyone! It's been awhile since I participated in a VQW. I'd like to join you this weekend. I am working on a new project, a quilt I started 2 days ago. I am making a queen size quilt. The applique will be a challenge for me when I get to that part. I haven't done much applique in the past.

I started by making all the pinwheel blocks. I have half of them finished.
Old 04-19-2024, 07:15 PM

I was able to sew for a while on the project I brought over for the weekend. Added 3 hexies and 3 diamonds to the GFG that's been an ongoing project for at leasr10 years. Had to cut some more fabric for the diamons but I brought everything I needed. Happy sewing everyone.
Old 04-20-2024, 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
I am in again.

1. Finish the blocks for a baby quilt and assemble the top.
2. Find the fabric for the back for said baby quilt.
3. Layer the quilt. Consider quilting options

Option A: quilt a mid-sized quilt that is layered and ready to go under the needle.
Option B: Repair a quilt, do the mending project for a friend.
Option C: Make a boom block or two.
I found the fabric for the back of my baby quilt yesterday and drove an hour to pick it up. Oh, I could have ordered online, but I want it NOW! My current challenge is that I keep changing my design to keep it baby sized, so I did not finish the top as I planned. There is always today, Saturday.
Old 04-20-2024, 05:18 AM

Default Chinese Puzzle

img_0245.jpeg
Flimsy finished. Twin size for women’s recovery home
Old 04-21-2024, 01:49 AM

Default Vintage Checkerboard

This quilt started 2 VQW's ago is now off the longarm, facing applied, stay-stitched, clipped and ready to hand-stitch. Maybe by next VQW...
Attached Thumbnails checkerboard-quilted.jpg   checkerboard-face-topstitch.jpg   checkerboard-face-clipped.jpg   checkerboard-face-label.jpg  
Old 04-21-2024, 04:26 AM

I am off to a slow start. Did finish 6 blocks. Then sewed pressed and trimmed 144 HST. Ready to finish next 12 blocks
Old 04-21-2024, 05:19 AM

Good morning all! Checking on everyone's progress while sipping coffee. My sewing has taken a backseat this week, and I really miss it. Enrolling Mom in hospice care has taken most of my time this week. I set up a machine in her room, but not ready to use yet. I'm taking pixel quilt strips to pin together while we visit today.
I did get the stencil that I created cut out with the exacto knife this week. I plan to quilt my nautilus shell pixel quilt with this large scale loopy meander.
Attached Thumbnails img_2717.jpg  
Old 04-21-2024, 05:38 AM

Well, it is back to the drawing board for me and this baby quilt. Got the top all finished and when I took a look at it from afar. it was fine, good to go. Then I took out the measuring tape and when I add the two charming borders, it will be WAY to big and that impacts the back. So I am returning to my sewing room to spend time with my friend Jack. After that I will reassemble the blocks on my wall and come up with a new plan. I could skip the borders but they are too charming and the quilt as it is now just does not please me. Off I go! See you all later.
Old 04-21-2024, 09:22 AM

Spent a couple hours hand quilting yesterday with the guild zoom, but have managed 4 rows of machine stitching on my Merry Mayhem mystery so far.
Attached Thumbnails img_2448.jpeg