Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--Jan 15-18, 2021 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Jan 15-18, 2021

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Jan 15-18, 2021

Old 01-15-2021, 07:34 AM

I have one small project that I believe I will be able to finish. I am gonna give it a healthy try. Getting it backed and quilted is the goal.
Old 01-15-2021, 07:51 AM

I'm in! Hopefully life doesn't get in the way too much. Going to see the newest member of our family this afternoon, our great grandson #2. I started his quilt this morning. Nothing like proscratinating!
Old 01-15-2021, 08:10 AM

Raggiemom - my fiance goes out and collects rocks from inside and around the woods, streams, lakes, mountains near us and a rock tumbler will smooth those rocks out and polish them to a shine. He's been wanting a tumbler since we got together but it never was in the cards, so got him one now. A three pound load of rocks will take about six weeks to tumble, give or take, so the tumbler is on 24/7
Old 01-15-2021, 08:38 AM

The quilt I am making is for DGGS#2 - that's where the procrastination comes in! At first his nursery was going to be whales but DGD changed to sloths. I couldn't think of anything with sloths so I thought I would make any quilt I wanted to, Well, walked into an LQS that I don't go to often and found a quilt kit that is sloths! Did not know they were so popular.
Old 01-15-2021, 09:13 AM

Great to read what everyone is planning! I started making scrappy snowball blocks to use as an alternate block for the Bonnie Hunter leaders/enders I made. Nothing exciting but it keeps my mind occupied and my hands busy!
Old 01-15-2021, 09:17 AM

I am hoping to finish the hand quilting on my Christmas quilt. There is a problem with one of the borders but after talking to my husband about it I think we came up with a solution. I am hoping by next week to start the binding on it.
Old 01-15-2021, 09:44 AM

I'm torn! I really just want to plant myself in the sewing room and either baste the edge and trim/bind the stupid Christmas quilt that is unfinished, or piece the backing for my sister's quilt, or even try a new-to-me hand stitching project I saw for small scraps (which really is just playing with color, my favorite thing). But, I also really want to get some plants put in before it's hot again here, I want to get wire for the vintage sewing machine that needs rewiring, etc....
Old 01-15-2021, 11:39 AM
Power Poster

Cam's gram, sloths are trending right now. They are everywhere!

I just picked up a tub of 9 lap quilts that need binding put on. These were quilted by a friend in my quilting group who is battling Multiple Myeloma. The chemo was so strong she can no longer feel or use her fingers well. She has a big longarm she loves using, but can't do the bindings, so I offered to put bindings on her quilts. These are charity quilts for children., mostly panels. So I will probably be machine sewing binding on this VQW, and being thankful for the feeling and dexterity I still have in my hands.
Old 01-15-2021, 12:48 PM

Yay! I love VQWs. I’ve been working on the January color block quilt from Debbie Brown’s quilt along. Got everything cut out except a few pieces for sashing and borders. My scrap drawers were overflowing, so this one will be made completely from scraps except for the two long borders and the backing which will come from yardage- still, it’ll all be from stash. I am also still finishing up the painting on the Helen Godden Magic Mushrooms quilt which I'd like to get finished by the end of the month.

looking forward to seeing what everyone is working on!

Rob
Old 01-15-2021, 01:14 PM

I am doing the quilting on a wallhanging and I finished (or thought I had finished) but when I look at it, I think it needs all of the background quilted in a fill.....So, that may be what I'm doing. I also have a piano cover that has over a hundred leaves that all need to be blanket-stitched.
So, I'm sure I'll find something to do this weekend!

Watson