Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--July 24-26, 2020 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--July 24-26, 2020

Virtual Quilting Weekend--July 24-26, 2020

Old 07-26-2020, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by happylab View Post
I’m late in starting this weekend. The last 2 days I’ve been busy canning sweet corn & bread and butter pickles. Has anyone canned with stevia in the raw sugar? I ran out of regular sugar.

Today, I plan to finish setting up my sister’s fall quilt and get it started. I decided to just make this a plan day for future projects. I will also pick out fabric from my stash and scraps to start a few projects that will take me months, and months, to, years to years to complete. Then I need to finish dryIn the brown fabric and figure a basic pattern for a neighbor with that fabric. Any ideas. It needs to be 84” square when finished. I have 2 months to have it done. This is my planning month.

Oh yes, I’m in for Labor Day full weekend VQW.
You don't have to can the stevia. Just dry it and grind it up after it's bone dry. Easy peezy!

~ C
Old 07-26-2020, 03:34 PM

Thanks everyone for joining me this weekend. I finished the ladybugs wings. All I have left to do is French knots for the spots and the antennae. Then I can blanket stitch front and back together. It’s great to hear about all the work you’ve all done over the weekend.
Old 07-26-2020, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Ladywingnut View Post
ok, I'm in for Labor Day weekend, I have been laid off with no job prospects in site, so everyday is a sewing day. Amazing what you can get done when you have a 40 plus year stash and all the time in the world to play with it!
Great attitude! Your life will change, and most likely for the better. (Trust me, I've been there.) Have a ton of fun quilting. and discovering a new you. [[[Ladywingnut]]]

~ C
Old 07-26-2020, 03:43 PM

7 leader and ender blocks from Bonnie Hunter's pattern and a FMQ placemat from Lori Kennedy class is what I accomplished today.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  
Old 07-26-2020, 04:08 PM

I got to my machine a little bit this weekend. Worked on more cording for more jelly roll rugs. I also got an order for a deacons bench pad this weekend. So picked out the fabrics for it and got the pad ready to cover.
i just checked in tonight to check out all the work/progress. Looks like many have been busy, sewing, planning, and cleaning/ organizing. Raggiemom, thank you for hosting, looking forward to labor day weekend.
Old 07-26-2020, 05:07 PM
Power Poster

thanks to this thread, I finished my 100 masks!
Old 07-26-2020, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by happylab View Post
I’m late in starting this weekend. The last 2 days I’ve been busy canning sweet corn & bread and butter pickles. Has anyone canned with stevia in the raw sugar? I ran out of regular sugar.

Today, I plan to finish setting up my sister’s fall quilt and get it started. I decided to just make this a plan day for future projects. I will also pick out fabric from my stash and scraps to start a few projects that will take me months, and months, to, years to years to complete. Then I need to finish dryIn the brown fabric and figure a basic pattern for a neighbor with that fabric. Any ideas. It needs to be 84” square when finished. I have 2 months to have it done. This is my planning month.

Oh yes, I’m in for Labor Day full weekend VQW.
looks like stevia can only be used in jams and jellies according to Penn State extension

https://extension.psu.edu/canning-with-less-sugar
Old 07-26-2020, 07:51 PM

I got borders pieced and attached on one top, binding cut and attached on another, plus all the pieces cut out for the second block of Jelly Snowflake MQ and a few sewn together. I never get as much done as I hope but I'm pretty satisfied with my progress this weekend.

Thanks, Raggiemom, for hosting!
Old 07-26-2020, 08:51 PM

I didn’t get to finish quilting but there isn’t much left to do. I believe I will be able to finish it at my crafting day with my friend tomorrow. I need to cut binding for it but that won’t take too long. I’m pleased with the progress I made. Thank you for hosting, Raggiemom!
Old 07-27-2020, 03:10 AM

Thanks for hosting this month's VQW, Raggiemom and I'm looking forward to Labor Day's gathering.

Congratulations to everyone that completed their goals that they set for themselves

Stay safe everyone

cherryb