Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 18-20, 2022 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 18-20, 2022

Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 18-20, 2022

Old 03-20-2022, 04:01 AM

Sunday Morning Check in:
1.20 of the pinwheels done. Cut sashing then found that not one block is the correct size, 10.5 inches. Can't trim because then I would be cutting off my points. GRRRRRR. But it is only a problem to be solved, right?
2. Finished the straight line quilting on a UFO. Then I decided to do some more fussy quilting on the border.
3. Go for a walk in the rain and smell the scents of spring. The rain didn't arrive until dark and although I am in a safe neighborhood wisdom said not to walk at night when I could trip over a shadow. Smelled spring from my patio.while watching the goose, mallard and wood duck couples enjoying the water and the treats from my bird feeder.

CJSEWS, your log cabin is gorgeous. The colors and intensity of the colors, blend so nicely and don't scream at you or hide. They just create a beautiful cohesive swash of color. Lovely.

More quilting this afternoon after church and lunch with friends..

Last edited by WMUTeach; 03-20-2022 at 04:04 AM.
Old 03-20-2022, 04:46 AM

Took WMU's advice and took a lovely walk by the river yesterday morning in the fog and damp.

In the evening I started cutting for the scrappy border - I have not math-ed it yet. Torn between actually math or just miter and let the scraps fall where they may. Love a nice miter but I find them very challenging so practice is always good.
Old 03-20-2022, 06:20 AM

I'm slowly working on a T-shirt quilt for Granddaughter's graduation. Have most of the square's interfacing done but she is not done with school yet and will have a few more T-shirts so can't complete it. This weekend I am making the sashing between the blocks so it is ready when I get the last T-shirt. I have either a cold or allergies so am kind of doing things in slow motion!!
Old 03-20-2022, 06:39 AM

Raggiemom, the paper piecing project is called Little Blocks 4.5 and is from a shop in Grand Rapids Michigan called Sentimental Stitches. This is a year long project that began January 7, sadly it is no longer open to registration. Myself and 2 of my quilting buddies thought it would be a fun thing to do and so far it has been, we all look forward to the weekly emails. I've attached a picture of what I have so far.

On another topic, my quillows are not going as planned. Friday I quilted about 2/3 of one only to discover that my fabrics and batting were not playing nicely. I spent yesterday ripping out the quilting and now have that quillow completely taken apart. I hope later today to show it who's boss ha ha. In the meantime I have been de-cluttering my small work area which feels good to get rid of unused stuff and finding a different place to store others. Sure hope others are having a more productive weekend
Attached Thumbnails 20220320_080055-1-.jpg  
Old 03-20-2022, 12:04 PM

Sunday Update and sadly, still no quilting on my end, but I'm getting close!!

Had a migraine sneak up on me yesterday morning so I'm behind where I wanted to be today. The offending mouse has been dealt with, I'm almost done cleaning my kitchen and I am now straightening up and decluttering my sewing corner. Ironing board is up so I can press my table quilt before I take it outside and take a picture of it and I'll be marking it this evening after I finish washing up the dishes and wiping down my island.

Everyone's projects look so beautiful, great job ladies!

Heather - I have the Bats & Boos pattern, too and I even got the cross stitching pattern, too. It was entirely too cute to pass up, I love the bats block!
Old 03-20-2022, 02:42 PM

Well apparently I can’t measure not once but twice! First time I spliced in extra fabric to all 4 borders to get the correct length. Cut again and went to start pinning , STILL short by 1.5 inches. It is now in time out till I am in a better mood to deal with it. I will rethink the border and probably do something different.

I love everyone's projects, it has been a wonderful productive weekend for many! Looking forward to the next one when hopefully I will have something to work on.
Old 03-20-2022, 02:59 PM

Late checkin here! I just got home from a retreat and boy did I get a lot of things done. I had all the blocks done on the striped one, everything was cut on the seahorses top ( which will be donated to our local women's shelter) and then all the borders were attached to the big one. It is called Tara by Lakeview Quilting and is 105" square. That's me standing next to it.
Attached Thumbnails 20220319_165836.jpg   20220320_183606.jpg  
Old 03-20-2022, 03:22 PM

cjsews--glad you got two goals done!

karamarie--allergies have been just terrible this year

lolagrace--thanks for the paper piecing info

railroadersbrat--would love to see your Bats & Boos when done

tallchick--sometime timeout is exactly where projects belong

quiltingvagabond--sounds like a productive retreat

See everyone next month!
Old 03-20-2022, 03:24 PM

Trying again...
Attached Thumbnails received_981768576034358-1-.jpeg  
Old 03-21-2022, 02:46 AM

Beautiful finish QuiltingVagabond…quite an undertaking but looks like a fun project.