Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--May 10-12, 2024 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--May 10-12, 2024

Virtual Quilting Weekend--May 10-12, 2024

Old 05-12-2024, 07:35 AM

I thought I would post the finished wall hanging I started during the April VQW. It's hanging in my quilting studio. For those who missed it, I wrote the pattern for this and used EQ8 to do it. It's a free pattern if you want to download it, it's on my blog.

I'm longarming a Quilt of Valor today, the 2nd one I've done this weekend. I'll post photos of both when I have the 2nd one a little more done that it is right now.

Old 05-12-2024, 07:50 AM

I did take some time yesterday to cut out the pieces for my next wall hanging. This was a free pattern that came with a Jolly Bar I purchased from the Fat Quarter Shop. I doubt I'll finish it before the end of this VQW though.

Old 05-12-2024, 11:06 AM

Here’s my finish for this weekend. I got the florals from a friend and had been waiting on the right fabrics to make this pattern. I have no idea what it is called. One of the ladies at retreat made it years ago and I saved a picture to work from
Attached Thumbnails img_1936.jpeg  
Old 05-12-2024, 12:42 PM

I must not have seen this pop up and I check the forum regularly. I've sewn everyday this weekend and finally finished my FMQ on a very scrappy lap quilt. Only thing left is to SID around the inside of the boarder, trim and bind.

Shari
Old 05-12-2024, 12:46 PM

Here are the QOV tops I'm longarming this weekend. They have to go in the mail tomorrow. They are for the National Quilt of Valor Foundation. (Someone else made the tops, I simply longarm them for the QOVF.)

Last edited by Christine-; 05-12-2024 at 12:48 PM.
Old 05-12-2024, 01:20 PM

aashlely333--I agree--fairy frost is so pretty! I have a fat quarter bundle I'm trying to decide what to do with.

Snooze2978--glad you're back in your sewing room. The dinosaur pattern sounds cute.

m-fay--how small are you snail trail pieces?

elly66--Lone star is one of my favorite patterns.

Christine--your April VQW project turned out lovely.

i managed to get my mystery quilt top assembled. Now to add the various borders. I pulled fabric for a couple upcoming classes/projects. That takes me awhile sometimes!

I'll see you all next month--it's on my calendar so hopefully I won't be late
Old 05-12-2024, 01:48 PM

I took some time for myself this weekend and sewed an entire charity quilt top on Friday, pieced batting on Sat and loaded the longarm, Sunday started quilting. It's a nice size 40 x 64. I'm really happy with how it came out.

Happy mother's day to everyone.
Old 05-12-2024, 03:00 PM

Managed to get my flange binding on this comfort quilt today, now to get ready for dinner. DD and family are coming, good…but now her inlaws are coming too, yikes! I better get a move on!
Attached Thumbnails img_2481.jpeg  
Old 05-13-2024, 03:25 AM

Christine, Thank you for quilting for QOVF. As an 18 year retired QOVF state coordinator, I know how much those quilts are appreciated. And kudos to everyone who participated this weekend. Progress was made - small or large we moved closer to a finish or a new start. I'm looking forward to the next VQW!
Old 05-20-2024, 04:24 PM

Default I've been MIA

On the VQW I managed to finish the top but couldn't post a pic. Life happens. Finished it during the week then went camping. Raggiemom it was a mini snail trail quilt starting off with 1" squares Finished quilt was 22" square I'll post pics tonight from my computer as I can't do it on my phone