Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--May 12-14, 2023 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--May 12-14, 2023

Virtual Quilting Weekend--May 12-14, 2023

Old 05-12-2023, 03:42 AM

Count me in! I'm doing a Bonnie Hunter "Scrappy Mountain Majesties" in the never-ending attempt to whittle down the scrap pile. I'm also slowly piecing a red/white/blue "Standing at Attention" which was featured in a magazine years ago. In between, I may be drafted to assist in yard/garden work.
Old 05-12-2023, 05:10 AM

Thanks a bunch for the Diamond Trip link. I wanted to make this for a baby shower next Sunday, but forgot where to find it! I will pull fabric and begin cutting today. That is, after finishing the "face" collage I'm finishing. She needed the right earrings because I made a rendition of my DD. Went to JA yesterday to search for either kitties or brontosaurus fabric with the graphic larger than 1". Found some cute paw prints as background accents, so I asked what is the smallest that they cut. I bought 2" of that. $0.48!!
Old 05-12-2023, 05:24 AM

Good morning everyone, I’m in. This weekend I plan to bind 1 top on Sunday, (after I get my sewing machine back). Then hopefully quilt 2-3 tops. One per day. And bind as many as I can of these. And the #1 project to sew the r/w/blk top together, so I can quilt it on Tuesday. That should keep me busy.
Old 05-12-2023, 05:29 AM

I'm in! With the weather finally nice her in MN between sewing and some house cleaning I will also prep the garden boxes. I have 2 donation quilts to stitch down for church and a UFO I've been working on plus a new top in the cutting and assembly stage. My first attempt at a monotone quilt. ( Shades of gray is the working title )
Old 05-12-2023, 06:39 AM

The next step on the mystery quilt frommycarolinahome blog released this morning, so will work on that at some point on the weekend. I have my machine set up for machine quilting though and it is slow going. I am tracing a pattern onto golden threads paper and then quilting a row, then removing the paper. Only have 2 rows done so will see if I get in there to work on that. They are warning us of extreme heat this weekend and with it being Mother’s Day as well, I will keep a flexible schedule.
always enjoy reading and seeing what everyone is working on, thanks for sharing.
Old 05-12-2023, 07:51 AM

I have finished FMQ a very large quilt on my domestic machine. The quilt is 110" x 100". I wanted it to be big enough to cover both the mattress and box spring on my queen size bed. I have to figure out what I want to bind it with and then hand sew the binding on - yikes. Let's see how much I get done this virtual weekend.
Old 05-12-2023, 09:29 AM

I see many have been busy already. I spent the morning finishing 112 V blocsk for a mystery quilt. So far we have 112 shaded four patches (two color ways), 112 half square triangles, 112 hour glass units and 112 V blocks. There are only two clues left so will be curious to see the finished project.

sewingpup--I'm glad the snow is finally gone! I bought rhubarb at the store so I can make an upside down rhubarb cake tomorrow. And maybe some rhubarb muffins.

Julienm1--it feels like my sewing room constantly needs cleaning

LogCabin82--I have my great great aunt's treadle machine but I've never used it. It needs to be refinished though.

happylab--sounds like you will be very busy this weekend

Thimblebug6000--I'm collecting the clues for the Scrap Dance Quadrille Mystery quilt too. I might even start cutting the fabric for it this weekend.

karamarie--wow, that's a big quilt!
Old 05-12-2023, 11:26 AM

I'm in. Working on the most recent Bonnie Hunter mystery- needed to whittle down my scraps. I am in the process of putting the center of the quilt together. Hope to get most of that done this weekend. I also have two quilts sandwiched and ready to quilt if I can decide what I want to quilt on them. Also taking an on-line course from Beth Enmesh on using Procreate to design quilt patterns on my iPad. It looks pretty neat, you take a photo of your finished quilt top with your iPad and then using an Apple Pencil and Procreate, you can draw on the photo (like using an old etch a sketch) and erase as much as you want to design the quilting.

Thanks for hosting, Heather!

Rob
Old 05-12-2023, 12:04 PM

Both church quilts are done, working on 60 oversized flying geese and a bunch of 4 patches right now. I change up what I'm working on so I don't get lazy about the blocks.
Gail - that quilt is gorgeous! Happy sewing everyone.
Old 05-12-2023, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Julienm1 View Post
Project Linus meeting tomorrow. Sit n Sew for 3-4 hours and of course show and tell Bringing 4 quilts to donate and plan to sew on a Disaplpearing 4 Patch quilt. Then when I come home need to work on a top from Jordan Fabrics... https://jordanfabrics.com/pages/diamond-trip Easy pattern and great one to use up odd jelly roll strips. Have to decide when I plan to attempt to clean up my sewing room. Maybe in the year 2024?
nice pattern