Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend -- Nov 13 to Nov 15, 2016 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend -- Nov 13 to Nov 15, 2016

Virtual Quilting Weekend -- Nov 13 to Nov 15, 2016

Old 11-14-2015, 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by jeanharville View Post
I've never participated in the virtual quilt along before. What's involved? I think I would like to because I plan to finish piecing a backing then sandwiching and FMQing. I would love to get pretty far along with the quilting by the time the weekend end.
I'm not the founder of this, but I have participated before. Participates write a project they plan to do on this Thread, then they work as much as they can on said project over the time frame. At the end (or during) we post pictures of our project or report our progress. Special encouragements are very welcome. It is nice to know others are working in their homes or spaces while you work. You have already listed what you want to do and are half way there. So.....I encourage you to join in!!!
Old 11-14-2015, 05:09 AM

I think I'll try to join you guys. I am working on a quilt for DD, and have some charity pillowcases to finish up.
Old 11-14-2015, 05:12 AM

Ok, here it is as of bedtime tonight. This is the back section of the sweater. My 'baby' (25yo) just moved far from home, up to Boston for work. He's a Southern boy and not used to the kind of winter he will face up there, so I'm making a wool sweater to keep him warm. He did bring his quilts I made him!

Second photo is just finished pair of fingerless mitts for a Secret Santa swap.

Hope to have something 'quilty' to show the next time I post.
They are beautiful sewbizgirl. I still knit, but only occasionally........mostly in the car, as I can't quilt LOL He will LOVE the warmth of that sweater.
Old 11-14-2015, 05:15 AM

I will start quilting 4 baby quilts for charity. I hope to get at least one done, LOL, as tomorrow we head to Naperville to celebrate our grandson's 3rd birthday. Also get to cuddle our newest grand daughter who will be 7 weeks old on Monday! Sorry, but I have my priorities, ha, ha. The rest of the quilting can wait until Monday : )
Old 11-14-2015, 06:01 AM

I am making 2 throw pillows for the couch of my granddaughter. They are Christmas fabrics with piping. I have never done piping so will be a learning experience for me.
Old 11-14-2015, 06:21 AM

I'm cutting out 6.5" squares from my son's shirts so his kids can make him a quilt. He is going through chemo right now so I thought I would help his kids make something for their dad. Age 8, 6 and 4. I thought squares would be simple.
Old 11-14-2015, 07:24 AM

Tucsonquilter, what a great idea for the Grands to do and their dad to receive!

I am hand quilting (the big stitch) a graduation quilt for my DGS for next May. I also want to start a T-shirt quilt for my DD. I will check in often to see OUR progress!
Old 11-14-2015, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Raggiemom View Post
Welcome to the Friday the 13th quilting weekend I hope many of you will join me in the quilting room this weekend. I have a couple tops to quilt and bind. I am not allowing myself to start a new project until the four completed tops are totally finished. And it's torture! There are several new projects just begging me to start them. If anyone has any questions, just ask on here or pm me. Can't wait to see what everyone else is working on.
I'm at "deer camp" with my husband, in our RV with my Singer 301 & my scrappy mountain majesties pieces, & a bag of DVDs. Too far out for tv reception so brought my own. Looking forward to making this top from start to finish this weekend.
Old 11-14-2015, 07:59 AM

I have two ufo's that I want to work on, but first I want to reorganize the stash in my sewing room. Right now you can't even find your hand in front of your face in there. Can I join if I don't have a working camera?
Old 11-14-2015, 08:39 AM

Thanks, giguilt for your reply. Sewbizgirl, your knitting is beautiful. I've just started to learn to knit at age 71. I've been a crocheter and now want to knit too. Thanks for showing us you project.