Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Visit to Joann's

Visit to Joann's

I had went to Joann's the other day and I had a coupon for 100.00 off a 200.00 purchase, I spent 228.00 and got 100.00 off and saved over 340.00 total, I was so happy.
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-23-2017 at 02:31 PM. Reason: remove consumer complaint
    buddy'smom
    April's mom
    Tara's mom

WOW, good for you. Sometimes it depends on who you talk to. Where did you get the $100.00 coupon?

DJ
    You did very good indeed. Sometimes their coupons are hard to use. What did you buy?

I brought Christmas fabric, calico's, some Veggie and blueberries fabric's. They had wilton frosting for cookies on sale from 14.95 to 4.50 double pack. The coupon was on the back of there calendar for 2017.
    buddy'smom
    April's mom
    Tara's mom

WOW, that was a real good deal.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Usually when you purchase there calendars on the back are coupons for the whole year. This year the last one was the best ever.
    buddy'smom
    April's mom
    Tara's mom

where do you get the calendars might want one for next year? You did great!!!!!!!!!!

I used one of those earlier this month, and was so glad it worked on the clearance rack fabric! I got a steal on some good stuff.

They don't seem to have calendars this year, at least, not in the stores we've looked in
    If your dreams don't scare you, they aren't big enough!

I think they come out in Jan. but not sure. This was the best coupon, but they also did have like 50.00 off 125.00, 25.00 off 75.00 and so on. I will be on the look out for them.
    buddy'smom
    April's mom
    Tara's mom

Wow! Great deal!
    Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight Centennial, Rocketeer, Juki 2200 QVP Mini, White 1964 Featherweight

Since I started quilting I have used the daylights out of Joann's coupons. It has become like Kohl's Department Stores, I never pay full price.
    Theresa -
    a weaver turned quilter
    Singer Lover: 1932 15-88, 1933 99k25 HC, 1950 221-1, 1950 201-2, 1952 301, 1955 99k28, 1959 401a
    https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...88-albums.html

I've never heard of a JoAnn's calendar. If my local store has them, it's news to me. I was just there today, using some coupons I got in the mail and in my email.

I'm in for every coupon I can use, I don't pay full price.
    buddy'smom
    April's mom
    Tara's mom

Glad you got some good deals. i don't buy much there any more, never without a coupon. But I've started wondering about the pricing/coupon system. Early this week I went in for rotary blades, cookie tins and some of those big decorated storage boxes they always have. There were single blades on the rack, but no 5-packs - which is what I wanted to get with a 50% off coupon. At checkout, the clerk asked if I'd found everything I needed and I mentioned the blades. She said they are now behind the counter. Although it's too bad that they have to do that now, I completely understand. It would have been nice if there had been a sign saying that on the rack... They did have some, so I used my coupon and got a 5-pack, normally $39.99, for $20.

Anyhow, when I got home I was shopping on Amazon and decided to check the prices there. Same Olfa blades, a 5-pack is $14.99, or I could order a 10-pack for $30. So they cost less, no extra stops when I'm already busy, no lines... Guess where I'll be getting mine from now on? Why don't they just make their prices reasonable and do away with the onslaught of coupons?

I'll be sure to look for the calendars. I never leave Joann's with less than $100.00 or more.

I do agree, you have to watch everything, shame the sewing supplies have gone so high, a mat is now over 50.00?

Quote Originally Posted by peaceandjoy View Post
    Glad you got some good deals. i don't buy much there any more, never without a coupon. But I've started wondering about the pricing/coupon system. Early this week I went in for rotary blades, cookie tins and some of those big decorated storage boxes they always have. There were single blades on the rack, but no 5-packs - which is what I wanted to get with a 50% off coupon. At checkout, the clerk asked if I'd found everything I needed and I mentioned the blades. She said they are now behind the counter. Although it's too bad that they have to do that now, I completely understand. It would have been nice if there had been a sign saying that on the rack... They did have some, so I used my coupon and got a 5-pack, normally $39.99, for $20.

Anyhow, when I got home I was shopping on Amazon and decided to check the prices there. Same Olfa blades, a 5-pack is $14.99, or I could order a 10-pack for $30. So they cost less, no extra stops when I'm already busy, no lines... Guess where I'll be getting mine from now on? Why don't they just make their prices reasonable and do away with the onslaught of coupons?
    buddy'smom
    April's mom
    Tara's mom

I'm glad you got to use that coupon. I bought the calendar too and went in yesterday to get the new Hogwarts house fleece they had just got in. My total was $218 and I was handing over the coupon when I was told that it had to be before tax. Tax was $15. So I threw in the thread box they have on sale for $14.99 and some other items and got the total to $200 after tax. But then the coupon wouldn't scan because I had gotten the end of bolt on one of the fleece pieces and they don't count! In the end I didn't use the coupon. Maybe after Christmas with my Christmas $$.
    Happy quilting everybody!

Wow! Congrats on the fantastic savings!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Blog Entries
    I'm like you, homefrontgirl, and like the Bible prophet who kept having to do this before that. I go into JoAnn's to get an accuquilt die, and the coupon doesn't work on that.

Dollar General is another little "game" I play. I only shop on Sat. and buy things that I would have normally bought, but I use my $5.00 off coupon. Then I take the survey and get another $3.00 off. They did let me use those two coupons at the same time if I have a qualifying purchase over $25.00.

At least we made it past the shortest day of the year.

Marcia

Blog Entries
    The reasons for that are that the government controls the taxing and it always is taxed on cost before coupons. And the reason for the remnant is that is is already discounted 50% as a remnant (on top of the sale price if it was on sale). So, basically it is a clearance items and they are not ever supposed to be included in coupons. That is different than a 'red tag' item, they MAY be included in coupons. And, I hear all the time about folks not being able to use a coupon because the item is on sale - IT IS STILL A DEAL BECAUSE IT IS ON SALE! But, most of us always know a couple items in the store that we want but don't need at that moment (kind of wish list things). If we have a 50% coupon and the things we need are on sale, we can treat ourselves to the special items. Having said that, I only buy things like bulk blades and other basic notions or supplies online. Between Amazon and Ebay, you can usually get a better deal if you know what you are buying and can find free shipping.

Blog Entries
    Even though 'retired'. I keep working at Joanns a couple days a week because I can keep my eye on deals. I still make items that sell online and in a couple shops here in town. (I haven't figured out how to just be retired and not working!)
    But, I buy my fabric for next year's items when it hits 70% sale and I can use my 20% employee discounts. Last Christmas, on both the 23rd and the 24th, I bought over $300 worth of fabric each day and it cost around $90 both days!!!!! I also by the batting by the roll when they have the 'special buys' and that is how I can sell throw quilts and fold 'n stitch wreaths so easily online. Without these deals, the costs would be too high and 'regular' folks would never pay it.
    But, I also work there because I realize most of the employees don't sew and I can offer help and advice. A couple minutes assistance can often mean the difference between a person being frustrated and quitting and them finishing a project. That makes it all worth the working side of it!

I’ve never seen those Joann calendars. Definitely going to look for one. I've had good luck using coupons that Joaanns sends through the mail. On several ocasions, my local Joanns has applied two different coupons to my purchase, one for percent amount off a single item (they took percent off highest priced item) and then also used the percent off your entire purchase including sale items one and so I got the most expensive item discounted twice.

Rob
    1955 Singer Featherweight 221/ Late 60's early 70's White Selectronic 970/
    1975 Kenmore 158 model 1914/. 1981 Brother VX560/ Brother PC420PRW/
    Brother PQ1500s/ HQSweetSixteen

I work at JoAnns----and we didn't get the calendars this year. Bummer!

I would question this as I brought a lot of Christmas fabric and got lots of end of blot and I still got the coupon. Funny, I was 13.00 off as well so I picked up some fluffy socks.

Quote Originally Posted by homefrontgirl View Post
    I'm glad you got to use that coupon. I bought the calendar too and went in yesterday to get the new Hogwarts house fleece they had just got in. My total was $218 and I was handing over the coupon when I was told that it had to be before tax. Tax was $15. So I threw in the thread box they have on sale for $14.99 and some other items and got the total to $200 after tax. But then the coupon wouldn't scan because I had gotten the end of bolt on one of the fleece pieces and they don't count! In the end I didn't use the coupon. Maybe after Christmas with my Christmas $$.
    buddy'smom
    April's mom
    Tara's mom

I've never seen calendars in any of the Alaska JoAnn's. Glad somebody gets them and the coupons.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAbitCrazy View Post
    I've never heard of a JoAnn's calendar. If my local store has them, it's news to me. I was just there today, using some coupons I got in the mail and in my email.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast