Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
VQW--July14-16, 2023 >

VQW--July14-16, 2023

VQW--July14-16, 2023

Old 07-13-2023, 04:12 PM

Default VQW--July14-16, 2023

Figured I better start the thread before I forgot again! Welcome to the July VQW. What are your plans for the weekend? This is a catch-up weekend for me. I have several WIPs that I would like to finish or at least make some progress on this weekend.Saturday is a guild sew-in and Sunday I'm taking a By Annie class (stash & dash and applique to go bag). I've already done Tools of the Trade and Pack It In this month. Plus I get my main machine back from it's 6 week cleaning Saturday. That means I can (or should ) finish the five tops that are hanging over the upstairs railing hopefully next week.

Any questions, please ask! Next VQW is August 11-13, 2023.
Old 07-13-2023, 04:16 PM

I lurk a lot on this thread during these weekends, but this time I'm going to speak up and say I'm hoping to finish a flimsy I've been working on and potentially get it layered and basted as well. I don't think I'm going to get a ton of sewing time in this weekend, but it's very easy not to do stuff when you haven't told anyone, so here we go. Fingers crossed! :-)
Old 07-13-2023, 04:44 PM

Great motivation to quilt a small project. I just don’t have the get up and go. I was hoping
to have a quilt to bind but, my LAer had a family issue to deal with.
Old 07-13-2023, 05:00 PM

I’m in. Flimsy marked for quilting. Want to finish it.
Old 07-13-2023, 05:17 PM

Thank you Heather for hosting. This months VQW sure snuck up quick. Not sure how much time I will get at my sewing machine this weekend. How ever, I am going to my favorite quilt shop tomorrow, I have ran out of fabric for a quilt I am working on, so I have to get more. Hopefully I can work on it a bit. I look forward to seeing what everyone is working on, happy sewing everyone.
Old 07-13-2023, 05:22 PM

I'm in. I want to catch up on my StitchnHeaven BOM Solare. I have the first 2 months done and I just need to do month 3 and 4 to catch up before month 5 comes winging my way in August. And I want to get some slow stitching time, to work on my EPP project.
Old 07-13-2023, 09:32 PM

Look forward to hearing and seeing what others are working on, I have a wallhanging started recently from a pattern I purchased in 2005 in Alaska! We are having hot weather so not sure just how much sewing will get done.
Old 07-13-2023, 10:23 PM

Binding on 2-3 projects. And then...I dunno...try not to melt in a puddle of my own sweat...
Old 07-14-2023, 02:18 AM

Hope to finish up quilting on the one that is on the quilting frame, out on my 3 season porch and I have the binding made for it. Have another project that just needs another round of borders and then it will go to the frame also. Both of these are Project Linus quilts, Have a new pattern I want to cut out also. I may also have to shop for batting.
Old 07-14-2023, 03:14 AM

Back again with my never ending list of "To Do's". Keeping it short and perhaps more doable this week-end.

1. Finish binding a small crumb quilt
2. Quilt and bind a larger crumb quilt
3. Prep two quilts for the long arm quilter.

Looking forward to the successes and accomplishments of all who lurk and join in. Pictures, pictures, pictures.