Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Walking Foot Question >

Walking Foot Question

Walking Foot Question

Old 04-23-2020, 07:37 AM

Default Walking Foot Question

Will a Bernina brand walking foot - Part # 008 969 7000 fit a 770QE machine?
Old 04-23-2020, 09:25 AM
Power Poster

I think if you check your owners manual it will tell you the size walking foot that fits the machine you have. As far as I know there are the older type feet that have a different configuration where it attaches and the newer which only has two prongs in the front of the foot where it slips on I think bernina has a web site where you could also reference to check the foot sizes for the 770QE size feet.
Old 04-23-2020, 09:41 AM

Thank you. I have the walking foot and someone else wants to use it on their machine. The booklet with the walking foot does not specify and I have been unable to contact anyone at Bernina. I've tried stores as well, but everyone is still closed.
Old 04-23-2020, 12:20 PM

The "new style" Bernina walking foot is flat across the top, where it connects to the machine. The "old style" foot has two points at the top. "New style" is any Bernina that's about 30 years old or newer, starting at model 125, and going up to model 880. If they're "coded," they have a lens at the top, and those are for machines with the 9mm needle plate. But they will still work on a Bernina with a 5.5mm needle plate.
Attached Thumbnails oldnewberninafeet.jpg