Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wall Hanging for new sewing room

Blog Entries

Wall Hanging for new sewing room

I will be getting a new sewing room in the near future and I would like to make a simple but nice wall hanging to help with decorating the wall. Thanks!
    MaryB

I saw the cutest one in the fabric store the other day. It had the center which was a old Singer sewing machine (lots of detail) and the applique was done in layers so it had lots of depth to it. Then "floating or dancing" around that center piece sewing machine were tools (patterns, seam ripper, scissors, etc.) also appliqued and they had depth. Then borders (I think 3) in different widths and sewing fabric. Very cute. Good luck. And congrats on the new sewing room!

Blog Entries
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T – is it True? H – is it Helpful? I – is it Inspiring? N – is it Necessary? K – is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

So many wonderful patterns and fabrics out there with sewing as the theme. You must be going crazy with all that is available!!!! I love making wall hangings with an embroidered center - if you have an embroidery machine, check out some of the embroidery sites, great stuff.
    God Bless Quilters and Sewers
    Marti

Power Poster
    I believe www.quilterscache.com quilt blocks galore has a really cute pieced sewing machine pattern but I can't seem to find it. You could probably find a free sewing machine pattern if you Google it.
    Last edited by Tartan; 06-09-2013 at 10:19 AM.

Congrats on your new sewing room! I can feel your excitement cos that was exactly how I felt 2 years ago when I converted half of my study room (or rather a corner!) into a sewing corner. How about a hanging in your favourite design/blocks with an appliqued centre that says "Welcome to my sewing room"?

I really like the sulky BOM. Very cute. You could also search for a picture of one and make your own appliques from it. Good luck with your new sewing room. Oh, and I really love the "quilt diva" - she's cute too.

I have a quilting diva...so much fun

http://www.connectingthreads.com/kit...it__D5719.html

I am just finishing up this wall hanging for my new sewing room. Really fun to do (like a little sampler) and there's lots of fabric left over. The border fabric is all little spools of thread.

This may not be what you are looking for, but a while back someone started a thread for the Quilting fairy god mother paper pieced wall hanging. So much fun! It is on "Paper Panache", it is made individual for each person. Let me know what you think.

Blog Entries
    Take a look at The Painted Quilt blog by Kaaren Johnston. I'm doing a Raggedy Ann & Andy from her site. I just had a look and it's still available. Kaaren is very generous with her free projects.

Blog Entries
    Thanks QuiltnNan. Can't wait to look at all their BOM patterns.

My sister has a beautiful sewing room. She made quilt blocks from various patterns (all the same size block) and framed each one separately in matching frames and hung them in a grouping on her wall. She can switch out blocks or switch frames for changing seasons, changing tastes, color changes or whatever her mood wants.

These are my own design (me and Google Images, lol) and are the same idea as the Sulky BOM. Surprisingly easy to do - if you like machine appliqué. I'm making a smaller, sashed, hanging for my new sewing room
    Lang may yer lum reek. (I'm a knitter - hence - 'Knit-ette'. Confuses a lot of people!)

What about 8x10" photos of the quilts you've completed (either as photos, or printed on fabric)?

freepattern.com has some nice ones also.

Quote Originally Posted by maryb44662 View Post
    I will be getting a new sewing room in the near future and I would like to make a simple but nice wall hanging to help with decorating the wall. Thanks!
    www.fatcatpatterns.com Click "Free Patterns" tab and go to page 5. There is one wall hanging that is just spools and another wall hanging which has scissors, thread, etc. Her patterns are for fusible applique, but can be adapted for hand applique, if you like. She also has free BOMs and BOMs that you can purchase the complete pattern.

I hang the little quilts I make on the walls of my sewing room. All the different quilts act as a mural and add interest and color!
    Kathy Osterby

This one is cute, a cheaters panel:

http://www.connectingthreads.com/kit...it__D5723.html

The sewing machine block on www.quilterscache.com is called Notions and it is paper pieced.

I bought the "Art to Heart" by Nancy Halvorsen - use the "month" pattern and add family birthdates to the design. If these are too little, I also use Kim Schaefer's "Calendar Quilts" with the same additions. Now I know the month and am reminded of birthdays!!

I really like the idea of making blocks and framing them - or stretching them over a canvas. Have fun!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
    This is SO CUTE!!! Love it!
    "... let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."

I used batiks with this idea for a big wall I had that needed something.
    http://www.designdazzle.com/2009/02/...ed-canvas-art/

Bee In My Bonnet has a cute one with scissors and I saw one in American Patchwork and Quilting that has spools.
    lizziebeths.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast