Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Walmart Fabric Good News >

Walmart Fabric Good News

Walmart Fabric Good News

Old 07-28-2010, 09:37 AM

Here is the response I got from Walmart when I went to their site. So much for bringing back the fabric aisle in CT anyway......

Dear Janice,

Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding the fabric department in your local store. As with any merchandise decision that we make, we have based our decision to reduce the stitching and fabric departments on customer demand, which does not appear to be as high today for a full stitching and fabric offering in some markets as it may have been at Walmart in the past.

In keeping with our emphasis on being a store of the community, Walmart is converting the fabrics and crafts department in some stores to a newly expanded assortment of merchandise that focuses on life's celebrations. We are thrilled to offer our customers this exciting new crafts and celebrations center that makes available craft and party planning needs along with information on current trends and new ideas in the area of life's celebrations, such as holidays, weddings and birthdays.

In those stores where the new crafts and celebrations center is placed, merchandise commonly referred to as 'notions' will be included in the product offerings - such as sewing machines, yarn, needles, thread, etc. As a part of this conversion, most of our new and remodeled stores that opened earlier this year, as well as a small number of existing stores, will feature the new crafts and celebrations center in place of bolt fabrics. Walmart will continue to carry cut fabric in most of our stores. Due to the continued evaluation of our stores, we are unable to share a list of existing stores scheduled to receive the new crafts and celebrations center at this time.

Sincerely,
Walmart Customer Care
Old 07-28-2010, 09:47 AM

I was just in our walmart and she said all fabric was 25% off. Don't know if thats in every store or not. I'm redoing my sewing room and have enough fabric to last me a life time. I restrained myself except for 2yards that was calling my name.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:48 AM

I was just in our walmart and she said all fabric was 25% off. Don't know if thats in every store or not. I'm redoing my sewing room and have enough fabric to last me a life time. I restrained myself except for 2yards.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:49 AM

I did it! I wrote a letter to WalMart!
Old 07-28-2010, 10:22 AM

I hope ALL will say "FABRIC on the BOLT"
because that cheap fat quarters stuff
they have now is no good.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:32 AM

I e-mailed them, and got an obviously pre-packaged reply telling me how wonderful the new life-event celebrating dept was. I doubt any one read my e-mail or passed it on. I was trying to contact the local store manager, but it went to corporate, into the delete bin, no doubt.
I do not shop at Wal-Mart any more. They just said goodbye to my $100 a week grocery and household purchases.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by JNCT14
Here is the response I got from Walmart when I went to their site. So much for bringing back the fabric aisle in CT anyway......

Dear Janice,

Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding the fabric department in your local store. As with any merchandise decision that we make, we have based our decision to reduce the stitching and fabric departments on customer demand, which does not appear to be as high today for a full stitching and fabric offering in some markets as it may have been at Walmart in the past.

In keeping with our emphasis on being a store of the community, Walmart is converting the fabrics and crafts department in some stores to a newly expanded assortment of merchandise that focuses on life's celebrations. We are thrilled to offer our customers this exciting new crafts and celebrations center that makes available craft and party planning needs along with information on current trends and new ideas in the area of life's celebrations, such as holidays, weddings and birthdays.

In those stores where the new crafts and celebrations center is placed, merchandise commonly referred to as 'notions' will be included in the product offerings - such as sewing machines, yarn, needles, thread, etc. As a part of this conversion, most of our new and remodeled stores that opened earlier this year, as well as a small number of existing stores, will feature the new crafts and celebrations center in place of bolt fabrics. Walmart will continue to carry cut fabric in most of our stores. Due to the continued evaluation of our stores, we are unable to share a list of existing stores scheduled to receive the new crafts and celebrations center at this time.

Sincerely,
Walmart Customer Care
Same answer I got!!!
Old 07-28-2010, 11:10 AM

I'm right there with you, I'll start checking in at Walmart once in awhile.....Husband doesn't like how they drop prices for a very short time and then they go sky high again....Keep on sewing
Old 07-28-2010, 11:13 AM

It is like writing your congressman. You get a canned response because that is what the clerk is told to send. BUT, those are votes that are counted and at the end of the day someone will see the number that comes in. I think someone needs to point out to them that quilting is becoming a million dollar business and not just their grannie's hobby that they remember. Of course is they want some of the action, they need to provide a good product.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:24 AM

Speaking of W-M Today I was in one that had no fabric, so I went back to the bedding section and found (Mainstay)twin size flat sheets for $3.00@ I have purchased these (at other WM's) for $4 or $5 each, so I bought up some. They are 200 thread count and I use them alot for quilt tops. (lots of yardage there) And they now come in lots of colors and prints.
Since I give lots of my quilts to the foster kids program. I know they will like them as they are new and steardy.
OH YES I found blades for my Friski rotary cutter. There were 5 in package for $13.95 :thumbup:
Of course some places they may be more. or less.