Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
WalMart fabric >

WalMart fabric

WalMart fabric

Old 07-21-2011, 05:31 PM

Thank you for suggesting this, it was a purplish plum color in the 2 yards solid precuts. When I discovered they had done away with the precuts and there were no other Wal Marts at that time around, I torn out the project and went a different direction. Thank you though for any and all generous offers.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by sahm4605
I am telling you. the louder you "yell" about the fabric being brought back the better your chances are of getting it back. write email and call corporate and make sure you are telling the "management" of your local walmart. the more people and the louder we ask the better the chance will be that we are heard.
This does work!!!! We are getting a fabric department in one of our Jeff City stores - should be done by next week - I for one wrote and called and apparantly others did too. It was so funny - I was talking to one of the clerks who was working near the area that the fabric was going in and she said its all in the back but they have to finish setting it up. She told me that one lady came in and was soo happy she gave this clerk a hug. When I told her I was pleased to see it - she aked me not to hug her lol :lol:
Old 07-22-2011, 03:37 AM

I picked up two FQs at Abingdon WM in Maryland just because they were on sale. Yesterday I tried to take the label off. It was so elaborate, foil and adhesive underneath. I had to wash in hot water to get all the bits off. The fabric turned out to be very shoddy. I know they paid more for the label than the fabric!
Old 07-22-2011, 06:48 PM

saw today that our Wal-Mart has the sewing department back with fabrics and some patterns, etc. Still have some pre-packaged materials.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:22 PM
Power Poster

The Wal Mart where I normally shop was making way for the return of fabrics today. I don't really have room for anymore but, that has not stopped me yet.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by AbbyQuilts
I just learned last night that one close to me that is planted right next to a Joanns and in 1 plaza away from a LQS is getting their fabric back. Someone snap a pic to show me because they knew I wouldn't believe lol.
Are you talking about the Greensburg Walmart? The Delmont Walmart already has their fabric back but it might not be fully stocked yet.
Old 07-24-2011, 05:24 AM

my walmart has bolts and fat quarters as well as other pickings. i love it and love the fabric.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Maire
Originally Posted by AbbyQuilts
I just learned last night that one close to me that is planted right next to a Joanns and in 1 plaza away from a LQS is getting their fabric back. Someone snap a pic to show me because they knew I wouldn't believe lol.
Are you talking about the Greensburg Walmart? The Delmont Walmart already has their fabric back but it might not be fully stocked yet.
I didnt think the Delmont Walmart was going to get fabric back but thanks for letting me know. I was talking about the Greensburg.
I went there the other night and they are stocking!
Are you near me?
Old 07-24-2011, 12:35 PM

[quote=AbbyQuilts

I didnt think the Delmont Walmart was going to get fabric back but thanks for letting me know. I was talking about the Greensburg.
I went there the other night and they are stocking!
Are you near me?[/quote]

Murrysville & belong to the Monroeville ASG neigborhood group of the Pittsburgh chapter.