Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
WaMart >

WaMart

WaMart

Old 05-26-2011, 11:32 AM

[quote=jshorty]Awhile back someone posted an article from Wall Street Journal stating that WalMart will be putting back fabric depts starting May 1st. I live in Las Vegas & have been to 6 different Super WalMart & non have put in fabric.

I live in Brownwood TX and they never got completely rid of fabric thought pickins' were really slim. Our fabric dept is growing like crazy but they are cramming it into the same tiny space. It is so hard to shop, almost impossible it is stacked so high. They are cutting their own throats by not giving more space. Maybe that is coming. I don't know why they kept it other then the size of the town(small) or the cries of the customers. Have some good quality and pretty pieces.
Robin in TX
Old 05-26-2011, 11:35 AM

Just last week I was in the very nice and large fabric department in my WalMart. My friend, who used to work there asked the (very nice, friendly always there) employee when the remodel was to take place. She said it was slated for June/July of this year and so, as my heart pounded, I asked if there was talk of doing away with the fabric department. The employee said, "I don't know, I've heard both stories".

UH. I sure hope not.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:40 AM

Our Walmart never has closed its fabric dept but I was told they were to move the dept to another area come late August.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:46 AM

"The attitude was "If we don't have it, you don't need it," changed when WalMart began losing market share. Consumers have lots of power. Write corporate and call the local manager. froggyintexas"

Exactly. You have to remember to it is the way you approach the corp. If you approch in a friendly helpful manner they are really nice and usally very forth coming with trying to accomadate your request. I have used this method several times with Wal Mart and been rewarded not only in thier trying to address the matter with instocks but also in gift cards for my inconvience. I have found as I get older, I don't get what I want unless I ask and if I don't ask they will never know. I'm sorry for those who got the attitude of "we don't care"
Old 05-26-2011, 12:14 PM

Last I heard, a couple of months ago, the Walmart in the Centennial shopping center, just off Ann Road, still had fabric.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:36 PM

Our Wal-Mart in Green Bay, remodeled thier regular size store to make a Super-Wal-Mart. They took out the fabric section and refuse to bring it back. You would think after adding all that room they would listen to thier regular people in the area, but they won`t put it back in. We do have those 1 yard pre-packaged things that no one wants. I was told to go the DePere, they have minable amounts and it`s way to far to go for that. I do not shop at any Wal-Mart now,but we did buy every thing for the house before the remodel and usually left about $100.00 every time we were there.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:55 PM

Looks like we need to keep calling them and emailing them. Maybe they will get the message.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:00 PM

Our Walmart in Lewis Center, Ohio was remodeled this past spring and all the fabric was sold in two weeks. The batting, thread, notions, and mats were put in an aisle marked Home Entertainment. The fabric is sold in two yard increments and is available in cotton, fleece and maybe flannel. Perhaps 7-10 choices in prints are available. Our store also stocks jelly rolls and fat quarters. I've tried the cotton fabric. It was thin and see-through. I'm glad that the thread, needles, batting and other notions are still available.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:04 PM

The WM near use closed their fabric out a couple of years ago. Recently went through a remodel and they have added back the pre-cuts. Some one yard and some 2 yards. Also kits and fat quarters. They have quite a few, but still doesn't look too inviting. There is another WM just a little further away that has never gotten rid of their fabric. I noticed recently that they seem to be adding more fabric selections. Hopefully they can keep it. For certain items, I like to use their fabric.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:12 PM

The Walmart in my area has a pretty good sized fabric & Notions dept. They take alot of it & stack it way too high, & I can't get the one out.Seems the ones I want are always near the bottom. One full length row of organized fabric,a thread section,one half wall of notions, pattern drawers.small endcap of jelly rolls & fat quartersgood sized table of fleece and the cutting table. I can't complain, but it used to be twice the size of this one. Wish they would bring it back.