Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
that warm fuzzy feeling inside... >

that warm fuzzy feeling inside...

that warm fuzzy feeling inside...

Old 06-05-2011, 03:46 PM

you know that feeling when you see your quilt being loved?

I had it today- multiple times. :) Went to ds and dil's housewarming party today. Throughout the house- the first quilt I made, on son's old twin bed in the extra room. Smile. Then to their bedroom, quilt dil won in family reunion raffle, she asked me to make it bigger for a queen size bed. Smile again. Then living room- draped over the sofa- the first (and only) Sunbonnet Sue quilt I made (won by ds in a family reunion raffle). So many smiles!

DIL made a quilted table topper for their foyer table and a table runner for the coffee table.

I think they like quilted items. Many many smiles yet to come- I need to go make some table runners and placemats for their new dining room set and buffet.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:49 PM

Thats so sweet. Im glad for you :)
Old 06-05-2011, 03:54 PM

Awww, there is no other feeling quite like knowing how much people love the quilts you give them!! :):)
Old 06-05-2011, 04:26 PM
Power Poster

That's a nice feeling when you know they are loved.
Old 06-05-2011, 04:30 PM

I know that GOOD feeling. You make things and go to their houses and kind of forget over the years what you have made and there it is on a table or sofa. I like everything homemade but today they like certain colors and sometimes I'm afraid to make something specifically for someone because of the choice of color. Happy for you !
Old 06-05-2011, 05:48 PM
dd

My mother and sister would never use the quilts my grandmother made for them. My brother-in-law commented today that he wasn't allowed to actually use the quilt my sister made for him. I told him that we use the quilts I make. I made one for my husband extra long so he could cover all of him. Made a quilt for my friend's baby in FL once and saw it hanging on the wall. I told her it was made to be used. She quickly informed me it was hot in FL and she really didn't need it in FL but it looked great on the wall.

Love your avatar. Very surprised to see cars popping up on the avatars. My husband and I are having "discussion" as to what type of car it is. Please tell me what it is so I can tell him he is wrong.lol
Old 06-05-2011, 05:57 PM

Wow, what a complement to your craft! My daughter is moving into a new apartment in a new town for a new job and has already asked for a wall hanging for a big empty wall in her living room. She loves Karen Stone's lone star, I'd better get busy cause that one will take me a while and I have some other obligations here as soon as my house closes and I'm back from helping her move.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:37 PM

goosebumps!
Old 06-06-2011, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by dd
Love your avatar. Very surprised to see cars popping up on the avatars. My husband and I are having "discussion" as to what type of car it is. Please tell me what it is so I can tell him he is wrong.lol
The car is a 1967 Pontiac Firebird 400 convertible. My other passion is old cars. We have a 1957 Metropolitan and hubby has a 1965 Corvette Stingray.

We love our old cars. :)

Barb
Old 06-06-2011, 06:18 AM

How nice to see the quilts out to be stroked and loved.