Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Warm Wishes help, please :) >

Warm Wishes help, please :)

Warm Wishes help, please :)

Old 07-30-2017, 04:59 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by cashs_mom View Post
Great visuals, Nancy. After I read the OP, I thought it would probably work okay, but after seeing what you posted, I wouldn't use all six either.
thanks
Old 07-30-2017, 05:03 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
as you can see in the second pic, it is beginning to lose some of the punch of the pattern. i definitely would not try to use all of the fabrics you have.
Just a thought ... I really do not know the answer.
Would the punch come back, if the switches were made with the red and gold block borders?
Old 07-30-2017, 05:24 AM

Fizzle, I would keep it simple and stick with your focus fabric plus 3 for maximum impact. Also, you said "I am not a great fast finisher and want this to be a finish, so I know I have to keep it simple and on track!"... I think you have your answer! Just keep it streamlined this time and be easy on yourself. And don't forget to post pics when you finish it!

QuiltE, I think you could get it (and just about anything) to work with the right fabrics and enough deliberation/forethought/judgement. However, I think it would be quite difficult.
Old 07-30-2017, 05:35 AM
Power Poster

I actually prefer the second example if the fabrics work well together. Perhaps a small print instead of the large floral in the second set of blocks. Or switch between your florals in the big boxes that are outlined. I am all for using more fabrics - but I much prefer the scrappy look to one that is repetitive.
Old 07-31-2017, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
as you can see in the second pic, it is beginning to lose some of the punch of the pattern. i definitely would not try to use all of the fabrics you have.
I really like the second one with two florals. One is lighter than the other and that makes it beautiful.
Old 07-31-2017, 05:24 PM
Power Poster

I like the first one better. Except I would use the gold,yellow, orange or whatever it is. Too bright and detracts from all the rest.
Old 07-31-2017, 08:34 PM

I'd keep it simple. One great focus fabric, one dark and one light coordinating tone-on-tone fabric that read solid. If you try more fabrics, you may find it more difficult to keep your pieces organized. The confusion will add time to your project. It could work, but it won't be as fast.
Old 08-01-2017, 02:22 AM

You can really make yourself crazy with this design even though it's meant to be a simple one. I worked on one at a charity sewing day. I was given a random number of animal squares. I tend to prefer symmetry. I almost went crazy rearranging the animals 'til I finally added four identical squares to use at each corner and eliminated a few animals.
Keep it simple, get it done! I like the first one but can see how the second could work with the right fabric.