Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Washing Quilt >

Washing Quilt

Washing Quilt

Old 04-21-2013, 10:09 AM

Thank you for your in-put. I will glean some of your information for now, and store some of the other suggestions for future projects. Thank you for taking the time to be so thorough in sharing your knowledge.

Thank you,
Marion
Old 04-21-2013, 10:13 AM

Thank you for your welcoming words. I have always felt that quilters are not only gifted people, but some of the friendliest and most compassionate people God put on this earth.

I have found my quilting abilities are getting me through this tough time. Wether I make a potholder, table runner or the mourning quilt I have just finished.

I now have all the time I want to quilt, but most of the joy is gone out of it (for now).

Thank you again,
Marion
Old 04-22-2013, 08:57 AM

Has the binding been done? Make sure you finish it first before washing it. I use ORVIS, you can get it at a feed store.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:09 AM

Have you tried Peroxide? A neighbor asked me to help clean up a coverlet that was made in1847 and had dark stains that looked like old blood. We tried soaking it in different solutions and decided to use Peroxide. We hung it outside in the sunshine and sprayed the discolored spots . When it felt almost dry we sprayed it again. After several applications the spots were almost gone. Very faint and it faded more as it dried in the sun.