Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
We may be going to the Paducah quilt show... >

We may be going to the Paducah quilt show...

We may be going to the Paducah quilt show...

Old 01-08-2011, 09:29 AM

And I am so excited just thinking about it. DH and self taking our fifth wheel and friends in their motorhome. We have never attended this show before and I'm wondering if there are hints that you can give us. Apparently the cg where we will be has a shuttle going to and from the show. Hooray for no parking issues! But what about shopping and classes? Appropriate dress? Other than comfy shoes, of course. Any help or advise will be most appreciated. Thank you
Old 01-08-2011, 09:54 AM

Last year it was extremely hot (even though it was only late April). Comfy shoes are definitely a must, just dress comfortable! Take lots of money or good plastic because you'll see many things to buy. Take a good camera--you can take pictures unless there is a sign saying you can't take one--some of the displays do have that message. Plan on being patient, being in crowds and standing in lines at times. But everyone is really nice and it's a great place to go!
Old 01-08-2011, 10:00 AM

LUCKY YOU! I've been only once and it is on th etop of my "best memories" list! My main hint would be-- Do take one or two classes--but, for me, I'd not take more than 2. There is SOOO much to see and do that it is easy to just wear yourself to a nub. There is another thread on here this morning-I think it is titled "Has anyone ever been to Paducah" and there are tons of great thoughts and hints on there.
Good for you, and I'm so jealous! :lol: :lol:
Old 01-08-2011, 12:33 PM

I'm green with envy!!! I had planned a trip there a few years ago, but changed it to take my niece with me out west for about 2 1/2 weeks. Well, to make a long story short..........I should have gone ALONE to Paducah instead!!! The trip ended about 1 1/2 weeks into it! :cry:
Old 01-08-2011, 02:34 PM

You may want to search Paducah on this board. There was a lot of ideas and discussion last year. You will love going to Paducah. We already have our room booked.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:45 PM
Power Poster

Ohhh, you are in for a treat!!!!!!!!!
My only advice- good shoes and lots of money haha
Oh and take a class if possible but not too many, as the other posted stated. So much to see!!
Have fun!!!!!!!! :D
Old 01-08-2011, 07:51 PM

I live about an hour from Paducah and am wanting to go. This would be my first time there too. I had just started quilting in early 09 and knew nothing about quilt shows. Now that I have heard of them I really want to go!!! :) If I get to go maybe I can meet some of you. :)