Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Wedding Ring Quilt

Blog Entries
    I have seen so many beautiful DWR made from batiks and they are my favorites. Most I've seen have used a very light cream batik for the background. But I think your background can be any light color batik that compliments the rings. Go for it, you won't be disappointed.

Edited by Moderator to say: the Board was misbehaving a short time ago and this post #1 is a response to the original post by CharlottsQuilts, which shows up here as post #2.
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 02-12-2012 at 06:04 AM. Reason: explained why posts out of order
    Joyce

Four things you can't recover: The stone.....after the throw. The word......after its said. The occasion.....after its missed. The time......after its gone

Blog Entries

Wedding Ring Quilt

I was wondering if anyone has made a wedding ring quilt out of batiks. What do you use as a background fabric? I guess that would pertain to any quilt made with batiks that has a background fabric.

Blog Entries
    i think that is a personal design choice. since your quilt won't be 'traditional', i should think that any color of your liking would work. i'd be tempted to make the background a clear contrast to the rings, and not use the background color in the rings to avoid having any part of the rings from disappearing into the background.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

i have a dwr in progress using jewel tone batiks on a white on white background. i am using judy neimeyers pp pattern

I was thinking it would be very dramatic, to use jewel tones with a black or mottled black background. I have a Baltimore Blocks kit using those colours and it is awesome.
    Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down the their level and beat you with experience.

I think batiks would look awesome on a black background.

Blog Entries
    There is a kit offered for a batik bedrunner through Keepsake and others. http://www.keepsakequilting.com/productdetail/2035.htm Its a beauty! Only a runner, but it should give you an idea of what it could look like.
    http://s1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh485/KitsieH/
    Never regret growing older, its a privilege denied to many.
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Kitsie