Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Wedding Ring Quilt >

Wedding Ring Quilt

Wedding Ring Quilt

Old 01-07-2011, 07:02 AM

If you are not dead set on the wedding ring quilt ,I have always thought the "lovers knot" by elenor Burns Quilt in a day is a very nice and easy pattern for a wedding theme. Her methods are super simple and turn out great.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:19 AM

Rings That Bind by Cheryl Phillipd with the ruler is great have done several with this book. She was also on the Alex Anderson quilt show. I don't know if you can access this on HGTV network but it is worth watching if you can.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:09 AM

I watched a program on RFDTV with Eleanor Burns making a Wedding Ring quilt using an applique method. I tried it and it is really easy. She has the technique in her Vintage Quilt book available on Amazon.com.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:40 AM

The Quiltsmart one looks really good. I have used their interfacing to do several smaller things and it's great.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:00 AM

I went to a wedding in October where the bride's grandmother made a wedding ring quilt for her. The grandmother has been making beautiful quilts for years and has previously made this quilt. However this time she didn't think she had enough time to cut all the pieces so she bought a kit with the pieces already cut. I don't know where she got it from but I think if you searched the internet you might find one.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:03 AM

This seems like a very special project, and take it from me that large quilts can take more than a month to make if they are an easy pattern. I've always loved the wedding ring quilt, but perhaps you could start with just two interlocking rings as a throw pillow - you should be able to get that done in time, and done well rather than throwing something together and not being happy with the finished result. This way you can also enjoy the process! Congrats!
Old 01-07-2011, 10:06 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Prissnboot
This seems like a very special project, and take it from me that large quilts can take more than a month to make if they are an easy pattern. I've always loved the wedding ring quilt, but perhaps you could start with just two interlocking rings as a throw pillow - you should be able to get that done in time, and done well rather than throwing something together and not being happy with the finished result. This way you can also enjoy the process! Congrats!
LOL, she said Feb 2012. she has a year and a month ;-)
Old 01-07-2011, 10:15 AM

i get my wedding ring tops from material supply all you have to do is quilt the top you can get different color
marshalldrygood.com they are great
louise from arkie
Old 01-07-2011, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Zebra2
My only suggestion is to find someone who has an AccuQuilt and the Double Wedding Ring die. It has all of the notches on the curved pieces that need to match up. The first step is getting it cut out very accurately. If I recall correctly you can make one without all of the pieces in the rings, just one piece...and that's about all I know!
Amen to this one, I cut one for a lady that took it home and started sewing on Monday and brought it in to show me the finished top on Wednesday. I helped her cut it out and we only used the arcs and four patch instead of all the scrappy pieces to make up the arc. It turned out beautifully and she was by no means and advanced quilter. She was making it for her grand daughter and used a cream center with chocolate brown arcs and bright pink and bright blue for the joiner four patches. It was stunning, never thought I would like the colors, but I guess these were the colors her gd had her heart set on.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Zebra2
My only suggestion is to find someone who has an AccuQuilt and the Double Wedding Ring die. It has all of the notches on the curved pieces that need to match up. The first step is getting it cut out very accurately. If I recall correctly you can make one without all of the pieces in the rings, just one piece...and that's about all I know!
There is one that has asolid piece because I have a quilt made with only solid circular pieces. or instructions. Don't have the pattern could possibly get the pattern. If you would like me to check, pm me and let me know.The old lady that made my quilt will let me have the pattern I am sure. She hand sewed the pieces and I am sure there are no instructions.