Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
wedding ring quilts >

wedding ring quilts

wedding ring quilts

Old 07-10-2014, 11:37 AM

Default wedding ring quilts

Ihave been looking for a pattern for "Traditonal wedding ring quilt block. Can anyone help me in this. I have also been looking for a quilting ruler which tells 1/8 " up to 1" marks.
Thanks for your help.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by pjsnsn View Post
Ihave been looking for a pattern for "Traditonal wedding ring quilt block. Can anyone help me in this. I have also been looking for a quilting ruler which tells 1/8 " up to 1" marks.
Thanks for your help.
Hi what kind of pattern are you looking for? Something with the templates to print/copy/trace or something like inklingo? I can post links in a few minutes, but there's a free out of copyright pattern on q is for quilter and then there's inklingo for $40. The inklingo one is the one I chose when looking because it cuts out the added step of copying all the templates since I hand piece, and like the lines. There are also templates on amazon for about $35-40 if you're going to machine piece. (Can you tell this is a search I have *recently* conducted?). (:

Amazon listing: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...g+%2Caps%2C427

There's too much to list from templates to books.

Q is for quilter: http://qisforquilter.com/2013/01/stitch-n-patch-quilts

This is an old booklet with lots of patterns including double wedding ring.

Finally, inklingo: http://inklingo.com/shop/double-wedding-ring-quilt/10

If you add the design book to your order of the shapes, she will refund the $10 later.

I hope that helps.

Last edited by yesterdayssorrows; 07-10-2014 at 12:30 PM.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:25 PM

I plan on doing mine with my Accuquilt Go! There is a higher initial cost, but I use my go for a lot of my cutting. Then you know every this is cut accurately, with matching points and dog ears already trimmed.
Old 07-11-2014, 06:48 AM

DWR...double wedding ring is a traditional pattern and can be found just about anywhere..have you tried checking with your public library? As far as a quilting ruler with incremental markings, I believe most of the ruler companies have their rulers that way....just have to compare brands to see which you like best.
Old 07-11-2014, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by Feathers-N-Fur View Post
I plan on doing mine with my Accuquilt Go! There is a higher initial cost, but I use my go for a lot of my cutting. Then you know every this is cut accurately, with matching points and dog ears already trimmed.

When you do yours let us know how it's coming along...I have a mental block with that one, but now with the die available for it, I am tempted, but still hesitant.