Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wedding star pattern

See I have had a few request on where to find the pattern I thought I would post the info:

The pattern can be found at quiltworx.com its $17.00 it makes a 54x54quilt. You can but pk of extra arches and extra stars for $5.00 each.

My Aunt bought me this pattern a few years ago

Just dawn on me should probably post a picture here as well
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thank you... I was just asking you on the other thread... LOL :lol: (I guess great minds think alike)

Thanks again!

Beautimous! Gorgeous Fantabulous Let us see yours when you get done or am really dumb and this is yours? LOL Too early for me to make sense. The brain isn't working real well, not hat it does most days anyway! LOL

the pattern was made by Judy Nemeyer Quilting I too loves this pattern so much I stare at it everyday. Someday I will make it. Just need at lot more practice with PP before I attempt it

Vicki, it's called "Can't I retire yet?!?!"

Quote Originally Posted by ceannastahr
    the pattern was made by Judy Nemeyer Quilting I too loves this pattern so much I stare at it everyday. Someday I will make it. Just need at lot more practice with PP before I attempt it
    You might be interested in checking out some of the links Norah posted to tutorials on the subject under the Links topic in the Index. Everyone is saying how helpful they are. Here is a direct link to it...

http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/1030.page

I have one of her patterns. I think its called flying south (maybe) It has lots and lots of flying geese. I bought it on impulse a while back and want to do it for my dil who lives in Texas, but it will have to probably wit until 09 when I am settled in the other house. Also I want to do it in the same colors as hers and Batiks are expensive especially if you make it for a king size bed like they have. I do love her patterns--intimated a bit by them but love them never the less.
    Maybe I could sweet talk Tim into doing it since he has soooo much practice at doing flying geese. LOL

when i went to her site for the first time yesterday I saw a few I would love to have. They are on my wish list for when I have more time

Wow that's georgeous! I might even be inspired enough to spend the $$$ for a pattern. If or when I think I might get around to doing one. I have so many other projects lined up. Guess I best get busy.

I just saw your wedding Star pattern it is beautiful!

Just viewed your Wedding Star quilt photo. It is Beautiful...love the colors and quilt. Is is an Intermediate or more Advanced quilt to make?

Oh Ceannastahr, that is mind boggelingly georgeous. love the way you've achieved a colourwash effect in the rings. That is such a different and interesting pattern, Wow

It doesn't say on the pattern what it is but I think intermediate is a good idea. I'm still struggling with paper piecingso haven't attempted it yet. But with all the paper piecing BOMs were getting might be able to do it real soon

I would like to make this quilt someday. Why is this pattern of hers intimidating? That is a concern to me if I want to make one. It is beautiful and yes the Batiks would be wonderful to use but are expensive. I've not tried Paper Piecing yet...my friend has just recently started doing her quilts by this method. The recent one she made is very pretty!

1quiltinnana

I have visited your state and found it to be very pretty. I live in Texas and hope to visit your way again someday.

I think the stars make it look so intimadating. But if you look close its a basic wedding ring with the stars added. If you've never done paperpiecing it seem very hard. I've only done one block that was paper pieced (the BOM a month ago) and it wasn't very good. When I'm better at paper piecing I will make this quilt.

Quote Originally Posted by ceannastahr
    It doesn't say on the pattern what it is but I think intermediate is a good idea. I'm still struggling with paper piecingso haven't attempted it yet. But with all the paper piecing BOMs were getting might be able to do it real soon
    Sorry ceannasthr, I thought you'd already made it, never mind I'm sure that when you do it will be equally stunning :)

Is any of it appliqued or all peiced?

all foundation paper peicing

WOW! That is so gorgeous! The star design really gives that double wedding ring pattern a lot of pizzaz! :D

I think it is beautiful. I did go to her site and I seen so many that I would love to do :lol:

I think...for the first time in my life...I'm speechless!!! Ohhhh myyy gosh that is sooooooooooo beautiful!!!

Someday I'll be good enough at foundation piecing to do this quilt I've been staring at it for a year now. Always nice to have something to work towards it keeps me trying new things.

Your wedding star quilt is very lovely. I'm starting the bed runner in the same pattern and thought I'd get some hints on colors. It looks like in the photo that all your background fabric is the same fabric. Am I seeing this correctly?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast