Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Well dang. my starburst quilt is a mess.. >

Well dang. my starburst quilt is a mess..

Well dang. my starburst quilt is a mess..

Old 06-30-2011, 10:36 AM
Banned

sorry to hear this...I have never had issues with Hobbs at all..which one did you use...

did you wash it first? or at least hand it for 3 days to let it fall?

wonder why it worked on part of the quilt, but the borders..did you baste or pin it really heavy?

I would also suggest finding someone to put it on a frame and finish it for you...would be faster, and would keep the tension that is for sure!
Old 06-30-2011, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by bluteddi
*bleeps* happen... especially in my sewing room..LOL
Only sometimes???Say it ain't so...I wish I could say "sometimes" LOL
Old 06-30-2011, 11:49 AM

I put the quilt where I can get at it and I'm not sure which Hobbs I used but it is possable it could have just been a bad one. Some times that can happen to get a bad one. So I don't know wether is was a cotton batting, but it looked like what the Warm and Natural looked like, but I did have laid out over night to let it relax. It was just a bad batting and I don't remember what one it was. One time I had a batting that was torn when I took it out of the bag so bad ones do come around once inna while. Well there is hoards of time to finish that quilt. My sewing room is back in order so will take a break away from that quilt for a spell. sure hope my check get deposited tomorrow as I told the guys I will come tomorrow and set up a delivery date on my cabinet. Been a long time since I refinished a piece of furniture. Now I'm going to empty out the linen closet and refold the sheets and towels and such. Every one have a great day, Huggies, Fay
Old 07-01-2011, 04:47 AM
Power Poster

Your tea pots sound nice. Hope you get your quilt figured out.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:36 AM

I needed a break away from the quilt any how. I will get it going one of these days, but will finish it buy hand until I get ready for the binding. Some times things like this happens and you just need to walk away from it for awhile. Then it all seems to come together after words. At least it is where I can get to it when I want to work on it. But I will have to set up my QSnap frame and sit at that and work on it. Well ladies, today I'm going to go get the deleivery date all set up for my china cabinet and after it is here I will snap a before picture of it and after that I will start cleaning it up and fix up the scratches that are on it and then get the new glass shelves cut for it and put on the new knobs and make sure the light works nad such and then I will star putting my beautiful teapots in it. I'm so excited. My check was deposited so I'm one happy old bag. Last night I went back to working on mariners compasses. I found a pattern in a hard back book I borrowed from my parent's library. Then I'll lay them out and see if I have enough for a small quilt. I have a bunch of mariners compasses made and later on down the road I will do some NYB blocks and make a quilt from those. I have some quilts started and need to finish up. Every one have a great day, Huggies, Fay