Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: WESTERN CONNECTING THREADS WAREHOUSE SALE

Was there a lot of yarn too?

fabulous! my family would never let me in there unaccompanied. it would not be wise...

wow would also like to know where tht store is vancouver is not far from me either :)

Factory warehouses are so great! Wright's used to have one in Mass....about 2 hours from me. Quilting buddy and I used to go every year to stock up on trims, rulers, embellishments, everything! Then they closed the factory, moved the warehouse to Tenn. and everything now is made in China.
    What are we doing to our country?

There seemed to be a lot of yarn but I wasn't in the market for that, fortunately.

My eyes are green with envy-never have those wonderful sale finds where I live.

Living near would be hazardous to my checkbook!

:thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sewslow
    Yesterday a friend and I went to the Connecting Threads Warehouse Sale in Vancouver, Washington. We didn't "need" anything but thought we'd find a few scraps at $2.96 a pound. Since we had no idea how much fabric weighs (other than husbands' complaints about the incredible burden it puts on an RV :roll: ) we apprehensively approached checkout with all we could carry. I got all this for $38!! And digging separately we spent the same amount. I was amazed at how many people were there and how friendly and cooperative they were on a really hot day.
    :shock:

I need to go to Vancouver. lol

Wow!!! And next time dh says your fabrics weigh too much, ask him how much one of his "just in case"tools weigh?

Kat

After seeing this post I sent an email to Connecting Threads saying I would love to be notified if they had another warehouse sale in Vancouver. I got a response saying "I am so sorry that you missed the warehouse sale. We have only had 1 warehouse sale in Vancouver in the past 5 years." So it's not a regular event, and it sounds like they don't even know when the next one will be, but if any of you on the board hear of one PLEASE tell everyone about it. We can meet in the parking lot and have a tailgate party!

Super Member Central Ohio Quilter's Avatar
    I just went to the same event in Columbus Ohio a couple weeks ago. Fabric pieces for $2.99 per pound. It was awesome! If I remember right, I got around 100 yards of fabric for about $79. I got anything from 3 - 4 inch strips to 2.5 yard pieces.

I was there very late in the day and there was still LOTS and LOTS of fabric left. I asked what they were going to do with the rest of the fabric and they said they were going to donate it to charity.

This was the second year in a row that they had the one day only sale in Columbus.

Blog Entries
    Yesterday a friend and I went to the Connecting Threads Warehouse Sale in Vancouver, Washington. We didn't "need" anything but thought we'd find a few scraps at $2.96 a pound. Since we had no idea how much fabric weighs (other than husbands' complaints about the incredible burden it puts on an RV :roll: ) we apprehensively approached checkout with all we could carry. I got all this for $38!! And digging separately we spent the same amount. I was amazed at how many people were there and how friendly and cooperative they were on a really hot day.
    Will it still be going on Wednesday the 14th? I will be in Vancouver that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Central Ohio Quilter
    I just went to the same event in Columbus Ohio a couple weeks ago. Fabric pieces for $2.99 per pound. It was awesome! If I remember right, I got around 100 yards of fabric for about $79. I got anything from 3 - 4 inch strips to 2.5 yard pieces.

I was there very late in the day and there was still LOTS and LOTS of fabric left. I asked what they were going to do with the rest of the fabric and they said they were going to donate it to charity.

This was the second year in a row that they had the one day only sale in Columbus.
    I went to the one in Columbus, too, also late in the day...probably we were there at the same time! They said you could figure about 3 yards to a pound, so it worked out to about $1/yd...not bad!! They had entire huge rolls of fabric, too. This was the second sale of theirs I went to.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dunster
    After seeing this post I sent an email to Connecting Threads saying I would love to be notified if they had another warehouse sale in Vancouver. I got a response saying "I am so sorry that you missed the warehouse sale. We have only had 1 warehouse sale in Vancouver in the past 5 years." So it's not a regular event, and it sounds like they don't even know when the next one will be, but if any of you on the board hear of one PLEASE tell everyone about it. We can meet in the parking lot and have a tailgate party!
    :thumbup: Ditto.

WOW!!! great find, lucky you!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Katia
    Oh my, it is a good thing I don't live anywhere near there. I would have no control.
    Ditto! I already have enough of their kits that I haven't even started.

Great deal!

wish I could do a road trip, but the east coast is just too far...

Wow!

wow, what fun! i wish they had something like that in the east.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsie
    Joyce, where the heck is that store?? Or was it an "event"?

Would love to check it out! Hope all is well with you!
    Kit
    I would too. I live in Olympia. I use to live in Vancouver along time ago.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reeskylr
    Quote Originally Posted by dunster
    :thumbup: Ditto.
    I'm in!

me too

Wow, thats great. Didn't know there was a connecting threads warehouse down there. I'll have to check it out next time we go to Portland. :thumbup: :)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast