Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What is the Best Online Quilt Shop? >

What is the Best Online Quilt Shop?

What is the Best Online Quilt Shop?

Old 07-30-2012, 07:50 AM

Missouri Star Quilt Company and Sewing with Nancy Zieman.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by beginnerquilter View Post
Hi from Northern Indiana

I am looking for a really good Online Quilt Shop...I have already looked at Connecting Threads and Keepsake Quilting but I would like to know what other ones are out there that are Online and are really good and that you can trust if you order something from them.

Thanks for your help...
There is no one best of anything. No fabric store can carry it all. Even as massive as Hancock's of Paducah is they still don't have everything.

There are probably hundreds if not thousands of quilt shops online. The majority of them are going to strive for good service because they know what they're competing against.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:14 AM

When I first got into quilting, I stumbled upon FabShopHop.com and continue to play occasionally. The biggest plus about this is you get to visit quilt shops all around the country, find great bargains, and play in a shop hop---all without leaving the comfort of your own home! You can shop for specific fabrics or manufacturers or just play around in the "Sale" section of each shop---whatever floats your boat. I highly recommend it for a fun experience--and they feature a quilt pattern with each shop hop.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:33 AM

I really like Thousands of Bolts. I can spend a lot of money there. I have also bought from OldCountryStoreFabrics.com, Hancocks of Paducah and Fabric Depot and received good service. When I'm looking for something specific, I just do a search on google.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:51 AM

My favorite by far is eQuilter.com The photos are right on; there is a search aspect so you can go for types of fabrics or themes easily; the fabric photos come with a picture of a corresponding picture of a solid relating fabric; ALL of the service people are very helpful (they were extremely helpful the one time the P.O. made a mistake!); the web site works very well (not true on some other cites I have tried!). They must have thousands of different fabrics. You can choose to view them in sets of 25, 50, etc., and when something strikes your fancy you click on it and it comes up larger. It has been totally satisfactory.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:03 AM

Sheesh. I just spent the last 2 hours looking at fabrics. Wow - I had not idea about half of these online stores. This is a great thread - that is if you want to spend money. I already have so many projects to finish but I want MORE. Why does it have to be so expensive??? I swear I could spend my entire income of fabric if I let myself.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:21 AM
dawsondelights

I go to quiltshops.com,I am from Northern In. also.There is a new shop in Bristol,Ericas in S.Bend,Stitch in time in S.Bend,There are 2 in Walkarusa,one in town & 1 you'd turn E. off of State Rd.19 by the McDonalds.I prefer quiltshops.com over all of them.Good luck