Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What is it called? >

What is it called?

What is it called?

Old 08-13-2009, 09:16 AM

I saw a quilt that was a picture. Like when you backed up you could see the person just like in a picture. When you got close you could see it was just different color squares put in the right spot. That was soo cool.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:24 AM

There is a software product to help make these types of quilts. I saw it on QuiltersTV web site.

Here's a link to the woman's site: http://helpdesk.ez-fit.com/

And here's a link to the software site: http://www.quiltedphoto.com/home.html
Old 08-13-2009, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by mytwopals
There is a software product to help make these types of quilts. I saw it on QuiltersTV web site.

Here's a link to the woman's site: http://helpdesk.ez-fit.com/

And here's a link to the software site: http://www.quiltedphoto.com/home.html
thank you
Old 08-13-2009, 10:29 AM

Did you mean www.mosaicquilt.com ? I bought the Quilted Photo Express 2.0 - and love it! You can say I want 12 fabrics, and so many squares per row, then play with the softtware after you download your pic, and it will print a list of how much fabric to buy, and it prints a pattern, do #1 fabric here, #2 there sort of thing. It is a amazing, but if you put the pattern (just a bunch of squares, with numbers in them) on the wall, and stand back - you can see the photo! I made the mistake and wanted a pretty detailed photo, so made the pattern with lots of squares, and got distracted by other things that were not so detailed (I think my quilt had 7,000 1 1/2" squares). So, I would suggest 1- go for less detail and 2- buy the book too. After I cut all those squares, and began fusing them, I saw Tammie Bowser on Sewing with Nancy, and she did it in strips, and only cut when it came to a place with different fabric! So, instead of 23 little squares in a row of the same fabric, she just had one simple cut. Wow, would have saved alot of time. But, the software is super easy to use, and the shopping list and pattern are fantastic!
Old 08-13-2009, 12:06 PM

Dr. Locke did a quilt like this based on The Last Supper. http://www.thesupper.net/

He took a digital photo and blew it up, and used the pixels as the color chart. If you stand close to it, the details all go away, but if you stand back from it, you can see all the details. And the quilting is just gorgeous!
Old 08-13-2009, 12:25 PM

Wow. These are SOOOOO cool!
Old 08-13-2009, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by grammatjr
Did you mean www.mosaicquilt.com ? I bought the Quilted Photo Express 2.0 - and love it! You can say I want 12 fabrics, and so many squares per row, then play with the softtware after you download your pic, and it will print a list of how much fabric to buy, and it prints a pattern, do #1 fabric here, #2 there sort of thing. It is a amazing, but if you put the pattern (just a bunch of squares, with numbers in them) on the wall, and stand back - you can see the photo! I made the mistake and wanted a pretty detailed photo, so made the pattern with lots of squares, and got distracted by other things that were not so detailed (I think my quilt had 7,000 1 1/2" squares). So, I would suggest 1- go for less detail and 2- buy the book too. After I cut all those squares, and began fusing them, I saw Tammie Bowser on Sewing with Nancy, and she did it in strips, and only cut when it came to a place with different fabric! So, instead of 23 little squares in a row of the same fabric, she just had one simple cut. Wow, would have saved alot of time. But, the software is super easy to use, and the shopping list and pattern are fantastic!
that is awesome- gonna put it on my list with all the other ones i want to do lol
Old 08-13-2009, 01:01 PM

A gal at my guild did a self portrait! It was in 22 shades from dark grey to really light grey! Fantastic! Already added to my bucket list! :?
Old 08-13-2009, 01:49 PM
Power Poster

sounds interesting