Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What chair with lumbar support for sewing machine >

What chair with lumbar support for sewing machine

What chair with lumbar support for sewing machine

Old 10-25-2020, 03:17 PM

Default What chair with lumbar support for sewing machine

I spend a lot of time at my sewing machine as I am sure you all do. I am looking for a chair with lumbar support and is ergonomic Since there are many opinions on sewing machines and other items relating to quilting, I would appreciate any comments of your favorite chair. Thanking you all in advance.
Old 10-25-2020, 03:25 PM
Power Poster

https://www.containerstore.com/s/des...uctId=10022641

i have this one. For reference I am 5’2” and weigh about 120. This one adjusts up and down and fits me really well. Very comfortable.
Old 10-25-2020, 03:29 PM
Power Poster

If possible, go to an office supply store and try out some. I like an adjustable height, lumbar support and no arms so I can get as close to my machine table as I want. I also have lots of good rollers on the bottom of mine but some like a stationary chair, personal preference.
Old 10-26-2020, 03:23 AM

I have a Koala brand chair - pricey; but purchased a floor model at my sewing machine dealer. It has great support; very sturdy and no arms like so many office chairs have (which can be removed of course).
Old 10-26-2020, 08:33 AM

I use a regular office chair on wheels without arm rests, then I added a mesh lumbar support like this: https://www.staples.com/Fellowes-Off...caAiDDEALw_wcB

They are available from lots of places, this is just the first link that showed up. I use the same type of support in my motorhome too.
Old 10-26-2020, 08:43 PM
Power Poster

I use one like this.
https://www.amazon.com/Antlu-Massage...kle_mcd_asin_0

I love it. You don't need to worry about lumbar support, because you are sitting upright on this stool. And it puts your back in a very comfortable position. Your abdominal muscles learn to be your back support. I have one of these at my sit down longarm, and want a second one for my regular machine downstairs. Maybe Santa will bring me one?
Old 10-27-2020, 08:46 AM

I suggest going to an office store too. I prefer a chair with adjustable seat and back tilt. No arms. There are three paddles on the bottom, one for height, one for seat tilt and one for back tilt. They all lock into place. Sometimes it's great to sit high and tilted forward. You will know what feels right for your back.
Old 10-28-2020, 05:40 AM
Power Poster

I have the Arrow wood chair with low back. I love it. I can sit in it for a long time without any ache.