Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What counts as a UFO??

For me it's really simple:
    Something started and not finished!

I consider any Tops just sitting around waiting for batting/backing/binding as my UFO's...I usually don't start anything else until that particular top is done...So I have abt 6 tops sitting. What I did this wk was go thru and look them over and decided I lost total interest in certain tops...I'm on overload between crochet blankets and quilts have since moved onto doing wall hanging art quilts only. So I put several of my tops on ebay to sell and move them along.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    ​I only count projects that I have sewn but not completed as UFOs.
    Me, too. Unquilted tops comprise my UFOs. If I counted projects I've contemplated -- such as fabric bagged together for a someday quilt -- I'd be so overwhelmed, I'd probably just quit. I'm overwhelmed, as in haunted, enough by the unquilted tops -- about 10 of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Friday1961 View Post
    Me, too. Unquilted tops comprise my UFOs. If I counted projects I've contemplated -- such as fabric bagged together for a someday quilt -- I'd be so overwhelmed, I'd probably just quit. I'm overwhelmed, as in haunted, enough by the unquilted tops -- about 10 of them!
    I agree. I have at least three projects worth of fabric that is not cut because a pattern has not been decided on, but I'm not counting those as UFOs. I'm only counting the one quilt top that is half made as a UFO.

Cindyb on the quilted twins home page there is a title blog hit it.

I also agree with the first scenario; to me the 2nd would fall in the bucket list category; not that list for me is very long. I still have to get all my real ufo's together to know exactly how many I do have; i'm sure TOO many!

Blog Entries
    I agree with the first scenario too. The want to do list is longish but they may never happen either.

I do currently have about 5ish UFOs. But who's counting????
    I meant to behave......but there were too many other options

I count anything I have cut but have not sewn on in the last 24 hours as a UFO. If I have sewn on it in the last 24 hour it is a WIP.
    A quilt is finished when it is 100% done and has a label.

Wow. What a great thread. It's amazing to read the different definition we all have of our UFOs. To me a UFO is a top that is pieced and complete, but it still needs to be sandwiched, quilted and bound. But after reading this thread I may have to redefine my UFOs...... I can honestly say that I don't have any UFOs by my previously mentioned definition, however I do have 7 WIP currently. 7 quilt tops that are sandwiched, quilted, and just waiting for bindings.
    To many quilts, not enough wine.

Janome Horizon Memory Craft 8900QCP, Special Edition
    Vingtage Dressmaker 7000 Heavy Duty

Quote Originally Posted by peaceandjoy View Post
    So for me, tops are easier to store as well as not involving a large expense. They get quilted as money allows, or when I realize I have a perfect top for somebody. I do keep the binding or binding fabric with the top until that happens.
    Ooooh, I like this idea!

I have no UFO's waiting for me but have many PHD's (project half done). I feel very refined and it feels like I am accomplishing something if I use the term PHD. LOL!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2