Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What did you do on National Quilt Day?

What did you do on National Quilt Day?

I finished piecing all the block for a chain link quilt class that I am taking. Sewed the first row together and got stuck, I taped up an flannel backed table cloth to use as a design board. After about five tries, the block just didn't look right, so I rolled up the cloth and will bring it to class on Monday. Went on to sewing another project, I always have more than on going at a time, as I get bored sewing on one thing to long.
    Be kinder than is necessary because everyone you meet is
    fighting some kind of battle

I went to my Guild meeting. We presented about 25 quilts to a women's homeless shelter, and then played "strip" poker...using 2.5 inch strips as our "chips". It was a lot of fun. I came home with about the same number of strips that I took, but a much better variety!
    psumom

Blog Entries
    i got to the last bit of SID on my lonestar quilt and ran out of coored thread...........then i started on my periwinkle quilt top got 2 rows completed..........

I went to a Sewing Expo and had fun taking several classes. A friend and I go every year. One of the best parts is shopping the vendors!

I ripped out about four sections of FMQ!

Blog Entries
    i worked on a quilt for my sister's upcoming wedding.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

I made four blocks for two BOMs.

I took my first class on FMQ !! And did a little shopping

Blog Entries
    I finished the blocks using on the border of a bedspread: then FMQ on the center of it. More importantly; I did not cook,do housework, or yard work! And today will be a repeat ,as I'm practicing how to be retired.
    Life may not be the party we planned for,but while we are here we should dance!

I sewed the borders on a mariners compass quilt and sewed the backing together for my Bargello quilt. They are all ready to go to the quilter tomorrow.

Helped my hubby put up a new light bar on my longarm frame. It is wonderful!!

I worked and am working today, on a really complicated border for a complicated quilt
    I also quilted with Bonnie Hunter who installed a new quiltcam system so they are archived. It is exactly like quilting with a friend in the room

A member here said the Quilt Show has seasons 1-11 free for the weekend. I've watched 1-1/2 and got bored. They talk too much. It should be all about the guest, not all about their reactions to the guest. I also think she's gone too far with the 'work'.

We had the maiden gathering of the Southern Indiana Quilting in Indiana group. It was a great day of talking, laughing, eating and some progress on all our projects. Exchange of info and oohing and ahing over the work of others. Met some great ladies and had a wonderful time.

NE California - no where near the Bay Area!
    I worked on adding logs to all 120 blocks of my log cabin quilts. I spent more time trimming them though. Oh and lanudry and fixing dinner.

I spent the day prepping for company today for St. Patrick's Day. Groceries, laundry, making a dessert, making bread to rise, dishes, making sure that DS was paying attention while doing DMV studying online, giving the dog a trim and a bath. Finally I told my DH that the quilting police would come haul me away if I didn't at least do SOME sewing, so I worked on piecing a quilt.

I finished hand quilting the second panel of three for the apple quilt and started the "X's and O's" quilt from the new "Quickly Quilting" from Fons and Porter"s. Also, got the fabric for two more quilts from the same magazine. Measured it and got them all in their "project boxes" to work on when I need a "fix".
    Busy in Ohio

I made a spring table runner for the diabetes silent auction. I have been hot and heavy trying to buy the backings and battings to finish them all up. I have four more to go before june 23rd.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

I vacuumed my sewing room, cleaned house a bit, and went out for dessert with DH. No actual sewing though.

I cut the squares for my next project.

I finished my first rag quilt. I only had about 6 feet to go of hand stitching the binding (like the look - hate the hand sewing), so decided to push to finish it last night since it was National Quilt Day.

I finished making the appliques for my grand daughter's armadillo and butterfly quilt!
    Now just to get them on the top and off to quilting we go!
    I got 40 more 2-1/4" HST made for my DH new lap quilt
    And I got some of my newly arrived stash folded and put up

All in all a good day

Blog Entries
    I completed some seniors bibs that I had started the night before, these are for my daughter who works in a seniors home , she asked me for some fabric so that she might make them ,but, I decided to do them for her. Haven't called her as yet but will do so soon.

My LQS had a buy 10 yards get 10 yards free... So I went shopping! Sadly I wasn't able to sew anything due to family engagements but I have plenty of fabric!

Power Poster
    Went shopping for backing fabric for my Spiderweb top. I wanted to pick up Wonderunder but I am having trouble finding it. I bought Heat and Bond Featherweight and I will see how it works. Kinda pricey at $8 a meter here. I used it to do my version of the Easter table runner that was posted earlier this week. I have the top done and once it is quilted, I will post a picture.

Blog Entries
    I wanted to work on a couple quilts but spent the day eating popsicles. My sweet granddaughter gave me her strep throat. Ugh!! I never knew I could hurt so bad in so many places. Thank the Dear Lord for antibiotics!!!
    Sherri

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast