Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What did you name your sewing machine!

"Sir Chugs-a-Lot"

My Bernina 1080 is just called "my Bernina". But when my 16 year-old daughter was a little girl, "Bernina" was always the name she would call herself when she played dress-up or did any kind of imaginative play. For years she would don a different personality, brandish a British accent (where she got that I don't know) and approach me with a "Hello, dahling. I haven't seen you in evah so long. You remember me of course -- I'm your dearest friend in the world, Bernina!" I guess it is a pretty name for a girl. I sometimes wonder if she'll one day name a daughter of her own Bernina. I hope so. (Also, for the above reason, I'm glad I don't own a Pfaff!)

I named my Pfaff Pfanny...

Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)
    Blog Entries
    I've only named the Singer that was made in Scotland. She is "Lassie", of course!

Blog Entries
    Bernina is Bernie, lightweight is Itsy
    Linda

I have a Brother Duetta 4500D and his name is BOB! I always love the look on people's face when I say I'm going to spend the night with Bob...my DH name is John!!! LOL

I named it My Crazy Machine.

My antique Singer is named Ambrozina, after my grandmother. My sturdy little Kenmore that I never have a problem with is named Edna, just because that seemed like a basic, old-fashioned name. My little Featherweight 75is named Tinkerbell, and my stress-inducing Singer Quantum L-500 is named Paris Hilton, because she is so high-maintenance and difficult to deal with!

I also have the Singer 160, and I think her name will be Black Beauty, after a book I loved as a child.
    Last edited by DonnaC; 05-03-2012 at 11:31 AM. Reason: changes

I named my Janome 7700 "Lola" because she gets whatever she wants.
    Pat

Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs
    Blog Entries
    My Singer 66-1 is Lydia, for my aunt who could sew anything.
    I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it difficult to plan the day.

Kris

Blog Entries
    my long arm is bettsy sue 2

Blog Entries
    I havent named my two newest machines will have to come up with some before I'm done typing. The old Remington I used before them my hubby named the "Electric Woodpecker" due to how much noise it made. I have thought about and I think I'll have to name my Brother LS3000 "Mindy" because that the one I go to for all the mending that needs done and my Brother CS6000i I'll have to call "Blue" because the entire front is a bold bright blue color. With that said Mindy and Blue both need my attention this evening.

Blog Entries
    Let's see...

Edna, Raquel, Mamie, Fannie, Margie, Buzz, Hazel, Hannah, Honey, Lizzie, Annie, Donna, Cathy, Tillie, Delores, Eleanor, and the newest one doesn't have a name yet, but will probably end up with something Scotish, since it's a 328K...
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

I once had a car I called "Bessie".
    I only have a name for one of my machines. I call her "Busy Bea"

Abby is my Wilcox-Gibbs. Guess why. LOL All the others have names, but it's to late at night to remember.
    You can get older, but you never have to grow up! Tomorrow's just a future yesterday!-Greg Fergerson

My BabyLock is Airie named for a great-aunt (Arizona), my 99 is Agent 99, my Rocketeer is Spock, my Treadle is Old Bertha and the FW is Wally after another great-aunt (Wahlberga).

Blog Entries
    1953 Singer 301a - Miss Ida, after my maternal grandmother who sewed everything for her family of 10 on a Singer treadle machine.
    1917 Western Electric - Katherine Hepburn, because she is so classy and beautifully decaled
    1915 Davis New Vertical Feed - Olga, after her previous owner, who was a professional tailor
    1953 Elna Supermatic - Kitten, just because!
    1956 Singer Featherweight 221 - Sabrina, my grandaughter named it after herself
    1909 Singer 66 with Lotus Decals - Harriet, because it suits her
    I also have some unnamed vintage machines,....I'll post their names later.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenda m View Post
    Abby is my Wilcox-Gibbs. Guess why. LOL All the others have names, but it's to late at night to remember.
    You must be an NCIS fan!! Did I guess right?? :-)

Mine are named after women in my family.

Babylock Ellegante is Irene after my paternal grandmother because they both think they are kind of fancy but work had when need be.

Janome 6600 is Lula (Lu for short) after my Mammaw because she is a workhorse.

My Singer 301 is Ida after my husband's Tante Ida. I loved that woman dearly and there was nothing in the way of needle work she couldn't do.

The FW is Emma after my great grandmother.

The treadle is Aggie after my DIL's grandmother because it was her machine.

I haven't stuck with a name for the 99K but I lean towards Maimie. That was my great grandmother's name and she was a very strong woman.

I will have to come up with other names for anymore machines because all the others I know are names my family currently has, like Sarah, for instance.

My Bernina 440 is Bernie & my Bernina 330 is Nina...not very creative but I think it fits
    .* .*)) -::-
    ((.*~Dody.*))
    -::- ((.* .*((.. *-::- ...

I had a sewing machine , that my sister bought mea few years back . but she got to name it, she came up with Fred Singer, POor fred did alot of work and passed on in Jan.2012 now just parts never did find out why she called the sewing machine Fred though.
    Pegg

Have a great day and happy sewing !

Oh, I just got Marion tonight, a lovely black Singer 301 in a nice cabinet, with the book and LOTS of different feet (a $40 bargin). I named her after my dear 88-year-old aunt who still uses her treasured 301.
    My mom's 1957 Singer 201 is named Dorothy after her.
    My 1951 Singer 99K is Miss Lily after my grandaughter, who is small but mighty strong, like that machine.
    I recently got a Singer 1889 VS2 and named her Ida, after my grandmother, who was born in 1888.
    My 1913 Singer 66 Red Eye is Leota, after my step-grandmother.
    My first machine, a 1980 Kenmore, and my newer little Brother are not named for some reason...I've just named the vintage/antique ones I've collected.

Blog Entries
    I don't name my machines or my cars. I have enough trouble remembering my grandkids names!

1948 Featherweight named Miss Anise. She's black and glossy, and the name reminds me of licorice!

Janome 6600 will be newly christened Janani, meaning "mother". She'll be giving birth to lots of projects in the future. Plus it's just fun to say with the brand. My Janome Janani.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2