Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
what to do with faded wall-hanging? >

what to do with faded wall-hanging?

what to do with faded wall-hanging?

Old 12-17-2009, 06:42 PM

If we didn't know it was faded--we wouldn't know! I like it like that! I have a few very faded wall hangings, but I try to see them as done in new colors. :roll:
Old 12-17-2009, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by amma
It is hard to paint or dye quilts without it bleeding into other parts of the quilt. It can also make your fabric stiffer using the paints. You can't avoid the quilting stitches either. Just something to think about.
good to know for future reference. thanks.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
Turn it around for a couple of months so the backing fades to match the front. :lol:
:lol: :lol: I like the way you think!
Old 12-18-2009, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by amma
It is hard to paint or dye quilts without it bleeding into other parts of the quilt. It can also make your fabric stiffer using the paints. You can't avoid the quilting stitches either. Just something to think about.
I'm told the paint stiks aren't supposed to bleed over like that. They look a lot like fat crayons. I've never used them though I have admired many quilts that have. Hopefully someone who has used them will be able to say whether this will work or not without bleeding over.
http://www.lauramurraydesigns.com/paintst.php

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
Turn it around for a couple of months so the backing fades to match the front. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 12-18-2009, 11:39 AM
Power Poster

Paint sticks are awesome!!! They do not bleed...they stay right where you put them :D However, they do cover up the stitching...it would be next to impossible to avoid that and still cover all of the faded fabric:wink:
Old 12-18-2009, 02:51 PM

Tiffany, thanks for the Paint Stik link. I've never heard of these but I checked out the link and they look so cool! I like that they're non-toxic and it makes me think they'd be great for a fun project with my kids.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by sew cornie
Tiffany, thanks for the Paint Stik link. I've never heard of these but I checked out the link and they look so cool! I like that they're non-toxic and it makes me think they'd be great for a fun project with my kids.
My only problem is that they are so darn expensive! I wanted to take a class in them but the instructor charged $60 for the class and then you had to shell out another $60 for the paint stiks. I keep hinting to my family that they make great Christmas/Birthday gifts, but I've also hinted for books, rulers, fabric, fabric, fabric... :lol: What can I say, I want it all. :wink: