Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
what do I do now >

what do I do now

what do I do now

Old 01-31-2024, 06:57 AM

Default what do I do now

Any one ever have an encoder that the back popped off? It's won't stay on to hold the cable that controls the stitch regulator. Don't know what to do. I'm sure if I put any kind of sticky stuff on it, it will mess up the electronic board but without the stitch regulator the machine becomes a boat anchor. This is on a Queen Quilter. I can order one I think, kind of expensive, but I have quilt on the frame that really needs to be finished within the next 10 days. Anyone have any ideas how I can make this work w/o the encoder back in place?
Old 01-31-2024, 10:46 AM

I've never heard of the back of a stitch regulator coming off before. Can't you use small pieces of tape to hold it together? What brand of regulator was it?
Old 01-31-2024, 01:35 PM
Power Poster

Doesn't Duct Tape fix everything?
Old 01-31-2024, 03:40 PM

You might try taking it to a computer or vacuum repair shop? If it can be glued, they'd have the best idea of what kind of adhesive to use.
Old 01-31-2024, 04:29 PM

I've never heard of a Queen Quilter longarm, but don't you have a dealer who could (and should) help with this?
Old 01-31-2024, 05:22 PM
Power Poster

Sewing Machines Plus carries the Queen Quilter, and they do machine repair so they probably have parts. I'd call them, describe the problem, and see if they can help.
Old 02-01-2024, 04:29 AM

The Queen Quilter was built by Tin Lizzie back in the day. lol My machine rides on stainless steel rods, that's the only thing wrong with the rods, the machine & carriage just rides atop them..... I don't have a lot of space behind the frame. The machine was bumped & the carriage came off the rods, I think the back was knocked off then or when we repositioned the carriage. I found it on the rug & it looked like it had been stepped on. Its a Queen Quilter Eighteen regulator with 3 prong cable to yhr machine.

Last edited by scogbill; 02-01-2024 at 04:37 AM.
Old 02-01-2024, 04:55 AM

Could you try wrapping painters tape around it? They have 2 or 3 widths and it comes off without any sticky residue. That would help you get the quilt done and then take care of having it repaired. Good luck!