Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What do you do when... >

What do you do when...

What do you do when...

Old 01-10-2016, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Material Witness View Post
It depends on how severe your OCD is. If it were me, I'd call it a learning experience and start over, then use the first 20 blocks for a philanthropy quilt. Someone who doesn't know what it was supposed to look like may really like it.
I'm guessing this what I would do, too. If you wanted the red center, I don't see how you can be satisfied with the quilt without it.
Old 01-10-2016, 03:19 PM
Power Poster

I think I would finish it up and donate it. Most non quilting people would never know the difference.
Old 01-10-2016, 03:24 PM

Can anyone help me with a project i'm doing that I don't know how to continue? I'm ready to start sewing my rows on this quilt top that is 8 rows across and 9 blocks down (columns). Which way is the easiest way to sew them for that large a quilt to make them go thru my machine? Sew across first and then sew each row together or Sew down first and sew columns together?? Appreciate some advice before I begin and make a BIG mistake....tnx
Old 01-10-2016, 03:30 PM

I once made a blue & white snowman tablerunner & after I had sewn all the blocks together & put on the binding, I realized I put them together incorrectly! In my eyes they look like a mishmash, but nobody knows what they were supposed to look like, including me! It's been on my table every Christmas for the past 10+ years.

As for your log cabin blocks, I can't see why not using your intended color would be a problem. When I started quilting many, many years ago, I may have taken it apart, but today I say, put it together & finish it. It may not be as bad as you think. And, if you really don't like it, you have a charity quilt to give away.
Old 01-10-2016, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by jannxin View Post
Can anyone help me with a project i'm doing that I don't know how to continue? I'm ready to start sewing my rows on this quilt top that is 8 rows across and 9 blocks down (columns). Which way is the easiest way to sew them for that large a quilt to make them go thru my machine? Sew across first and then sew each row together or Sew down first and sew columns together?? Appreciate some advice before I begin and make a BIG mistake....tnx

Start your own thread to get the answers you are looking for.
Old 01-10-2016, 06:28 PM
Power Poster

Log cabins can be trickier that we think... I made one for my son's bed and didn't get the effect I was going for, either. But I put it together anyway and the pattern it did make was still nice.

I wouldn't change your blocks at all, but rather put them together in the most pleasing layout you can and consider it a learning experience. Then you can make notes and try again.
Old 01-10-2016, 07:04 PM
Gay

Jannxin - I don't see any difference.
Maybe you can connect the middle columns first, then work your way out to the sides (or to the top and bottom)

Last edited by Gay; 01-10-2016 at 07:06 PM.
Old 01-10-2016, 07:18 PM

How important is it that they have red on the center. I don't know of any fast rule that says they be red.
Old 01-10-2016, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by jannxin View Post
I agree with Gay, I don't think it will make a difference.

Dina
Old 01-10-2016, 08:05 PM

I would just play with the blocks and make a new design.

Dina