Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
what do you do with your mini's? >

what do you do with your mini's?

what do you do with your mini's?

Old 02-14-2011, 02:48 PM

Why do all of you ladies make mini's?

quiltsru
Old 02-14-2011, 03:54 PM

A couple are hanging on the wall; the rest are on a shelf in my closet. I'll be watching this. Saved the fabric from a log cabin mini and think some day lol I will make it larger. I'll be watching for the responses to this. What have you done with yours?
Old 02-14-2011, 03:57 PM

I use them on end tables and make framed wall hangings or give them to people. I love making them and have even used them as pockets on the front of tote bags.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:00 PM

I love the idea of a pocket - even on a jacket it would be cute. I just love getting ideas from everyone on the Board!
Originally Posted by maine ladybug
I use them on end tables and make framed wall hangings or give them to people. I love making them and have even used them as pockets on the front of tote bags.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:36 PM
Power Poster

I used to make 3" quilt blocks squares for a gift shop. She was in an Amish area and sold these Amish dolls. She would put the small quilts on their lap to make it look like the doll made the quilt.

Minis can be used for mug rugs or coasters or hang in a window to catch the light. Any air motion will make them swing which is interesting. They can be used to put under a candle or as a placemat or trivet under a hot dish.

They can be framed and displayed or just display on the wall or on a shelf. They can be hung from a small clothesline hung like a swag.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:53 PM

I have some old mini magazines. Haven't looked at them much. Didn't realize so many people were into it. Hmm. Quite a few ideas for using them here.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:54 PM

I use mini's to practice new blocks.... then if I like I use them as doilies, centerpiece mats and all kinds of things. I actually have one on the headrest of my favorite chair.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by quilter1943
I love the idea of a pocket - even on a jacket it would be cute. I just love getting ideas from everyone on the Board!
Originally Posted by maine ladybug
I like the pocket idea, I have sewn lace on pockets of jackets I have picked up at goodwill, now I will have to do mini's instead.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-124627.gif  
Old 02-14-2011, 05:38 PM

I think as well that mini's are a challenge to make. To me they are a marvel to look at and imagine being sewn either by hand or on the machine. They do make adorable gifts, appliqued on clothing, purses, bags etc many uses for them for gifting.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:50 PM
Power Poster

I am a miniaturist and I make hotpads bookmarks checkbook covers eyeglass cases billfolds trivets tote bags and on and on! LOL

I just love working with this size. It is rewarding and satisfying. Course I sold my stuff for 12 years. So what to do with it was never an issue. Now I give some away as gifts. I include keychains or bookmarks in some of my swaps.