Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What do you sit on??? >

What do you sit on???

What do you sit on???

Old 06-25-2010, 06:39 PM

I spent most of the afternoon at the sewing machine piecing 2" triangles. I lost track of time until I noticed I couldnt' feel my butt any longer. Tonight it's even worse, I feel like I've pulled every muscle in my thighs and I'm wishing now my butt was still numb. It hurts to even sit down. LOL I can't be the only one who's gone through this........what do you all like to sit on when you quilt??? I'm using a wooden chair with a padded seat which obviously isn't the answer. Any special things out there???
Old 06-25-2010, 06:42 PM

I have a pair of chairs that I bought at my LQS, one here at the computer and one at my sewing machine. Love these chairs!!!
Old 06-25-2010, 06:42 PM
Google Goddess

oh no, that is not good, I use a computer chair with lots of padding on it (has air in the seat)

do you have a heating pad to sit on? when you are sewing trying to get up and move around, get yourself a timer or set the timer on the stove to remind you to get up and walk around
Old 06-25-2010, 06:43 PM

My body isn't proportioned right for good sewing table / chair combinations.
I've bought myself a drafting chair and it's perfect (except that it's on wheels and I have to be careful sitting down so it doesn't roll away from me). It's like a high office chair with adjustable height, but what makes it great is a bar around the bottom to put your feet onto.
Power Poster

You won't believe what I use :oops: A plastic chair for outside... well that is because this time of the year I sew out side . During the winter months I use a folding chair
Did you get up and move ? They say you need to get up and move every half hour or so .
Google Goddess

I love your quilt on the avatar!

I hope you start feeling better

Originally Posted by Lori L
I spent most of the afternoon at the sewing machine piecing 2" triangles. I lost track of time until I noticed I couldnt' feel my butt any longer. Tonight it's even worse, I feel like I've pulled every muscle in my thighs and I'm wishing now my butt was still numb. It hurts to even sit down. LOL I can't be the only one who's gone through this........what do you all like to sit on when you quilt??? I'm using a wooden chair with a padded seat which obviously isn't the answer. Any special things out there???
Old 06-25-2010, 06:45 PM
Banned

I use a wooden stool in my studio and yes my butt goes to sleep on it too! :lol: :lol:

I wish I could use something other than a stool but I need to be at a certain height for my bench and treadle. If I am in my house using one of my treadles in here I have a vintage sewing chair made just for treadles. It has lots of padding and a low back to it.

Billy
Old 06-25-2010, 06:45 PM
Banned

i have a leather chair I got at Office Max,
Old 06-25-2010, 06:47 PM
Power Poster

I have an adjustable office chair that is well padded :D:D:D
Old 06-25-2010, 06:51 PM

When I am working on a higher table I like a bar stool and I put my foot pedal on a milk crate that has been turned up-side-down. Normally I am sitting in a wooden kitchen chair with no padding. I get up and iron often. I don't sit very "lady like" either. I sit with my right leg off the right side of the chair so it is actually kinda next to me instead of in front of me.