Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What do you think makes a *perfect * FQ bundle? >

What do you think makes a *perfect * FQ bundle?

What do you think makes a *perfect * FQ bundle?

Old 10-16-2010, 08:21 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
If you could have it anyway you want... what would the perfect FQ bundle look like, for you?

How many pieces would it contain? 8 to 40

Or how many yards in total? 2-8 yards+

Would every fabric be a different print, or are multiple colorways of the same design ok? different fabrics and no repeats or not too many of the same print with only the color different

Is a riot of different colors most appealing? Or are you more drawn to groupings of just one or two colors? I like a riot of fabrics. I do not think I ever bought just two color ways. The bigger the pack the more colors the smaller maybe less.
In the past I have purchased moslty towers. They are a lot of money but I make sure I realy like them. I in particular liked civil War Tribute and the Morris Workshop. After I owned the FQ I bought additional yardage of those lines. I think the appeal of both of those lines for me is that they coordinate but they are not overly matchy. Like all the brown is not the same while in Moda Martinique the browns are pretty much the same, the pinks are the same and the blues are. My daughter's for whom I make quilts out of it realy like it so that is what counts but I am kind of done with it eventhough i started out loving it.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:05 AM

I purchase a lot of Charm Packs, and all of the fabrics are complimentary and from the same line. This would be great, to have 24 or 32 as do the charm packs.
Old 10-16-2010, 01:31 PM

I want designers to come up with more small prints on white or ecru. I do a lot of scrappy stuff and would love to have more choices of "background" fabrics. They are near impossible to find these days! And... I don't buy bundles or charm packs or anything like that. I get single fat quarters, half yards, whole yards, etc. I like to do my own matchy or mismatchy thing. That's most of the fun!
Old 10-16-2010, 02:53 PM

I like to pick & choose. Also compare - if I can buy 1/2 yd. for only pennies more than FQ, why buy FQ?
Current temptation is "stack" of 10" squares.
Old 10-16-2010, 04:03 PM

To me, the question depends on what your customers use fat quarters for - I've made a lot of things with bundles of five (totes, place mats, baby quilts), have also sprung for larger bundles if I know what I'm using them to make.

For me the larger the bundle, the more I'm relying on you to coordinate the fabrics on my behalf (some days I really need the help!). But sometimes I'm intimidated by such a large grouping so can talk myself out of it. Some of the fabrics you've previewed for us here often have ten or more combinations and I usually want them all, but I can't mentally visualize all of them in a single project.

They say the reason telephone numbers are seven digits is because that's all our little brains can comfortably manage. And maybe theme bundles are another idea - Lucky 7, Wicked 6, Lost Sox 9 (none of them coordinated but somehow cool together), Baker's Dozen, Advent 24...

I think offering your own combinations is a great idea, and smaller bundles are more likely to sell. I also like the idea of custom bundles, I'd suggest these could be offered if buying ten or more since your costs are in the cutting.

My apologies if all this makes your head spin, my hubby would be rolling his eyes at my philosophizin', so ignore whatever doesn't grab your interest, and thanks for letting me ponder out loud.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:22 PM

I'd like at least 8 with 4 light and 4 dark or bright
Old 10-16-2010, 07:31 PM
Power Poster

FREE ONES! Sorry, I just couldn't help myself! LOL
Old 10-16-2010, 07:31 PM

I like my FG Bundles to have a range of colors. Several lights, mediums and darks. Then I can pick and choose what I want to add or take out
Old 10-16-2010, 07:54 PM

I like at least 10 and I like getting 1 colorway, preferably blenders, from light to dark, so I can add either my own focus fabric or buy yardage for my focus fabric.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:57 PM

My favorite are the large Fat Quarter Bundles by Moda with 40 fat quarters. That way I can see how many projects I can make out of one bundle - I love it!! The only hard thing is seeing all the Fat Quarter Bundles coming in everyday for my store, and trying not to rip them all open!! :D