Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
what is this fabric >

what is this fabric

what is this fabric

Old 10-30-2020, 10:41 AM

Default what is this fabric

Does anyone know what Sew Lush fleece is, at Joanns? I would like something the feel of the Minky with the raised bumps but smooth without the bumps or dots. I don't want something like regular fleece. Thanks for any info.
Old 10-30-2020, 12:36 PM

I had to pick up something today and saw this right post before I left!

If I indeed had the right fabric (and I was looking for the name) there were only a few bolts and they were next to the minkee. To me, I preferred the Sew Lush, it has a nice nap/appearance on both sides, is silky like minkee but I felt a little plusher which I like. It is definitely silkier than I consider most fleeces, and the backside looked better as well, you could bind the edges and leave the back exposed on most of them. However, again, there were only a few (5-6) compared to 20 or so of various minkee.
Old 10-30-2020, 04:19 PM

I've used Sew Lush for three blankets for my massage therapist. It is aptly named - Lush. It was easier to work with than the anti pill fleece. I've never used Minky except a few squares in a tactile quilt, so I have no comparison there. I do think the Minkee might have more body than the Sew Lush. Our store has a decent selection of prints and a few solids.
Old 10-31-2020, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Iceblossom View Post
I had to pick up something today and saw this right post before I left!

If I indeed had the right fabric (and I was looking for the name) there were only a few bolts and they were next to the minkee. To me, I preferred the Sew Lush, it has a nice nap/appearance on both sides, is silky like minkee but I felt a little plusher which I like. It is definitely silkier than I consider most fleeces, and the backside looked better as well, you could bind the edges and leave the back exposed on most of them. However, again, there were only a few (5-6) compared to 20 or so of various minkee.
JoAnns has a pretty large selection of Sew Lush fabrics online:
https://www.joann.com/search?q=Sew%2...prefv1=Product
and solids too:
https://www.joann.com/sew-lush-fleec...16239220a.html

edit: I just noticed that some of these listed are available for in store pickup only-shipping isn't available. You order online, then go pick up at the brick and mortar. Like pizza!

Last edited by mindless; 10-31-2020 at 01:31 PM.
Old 10-31-2020, 01:59 PM

[QUOTE=mindless;8429153]JoAnns has a pretty large selection of Sew Lush fabrics online:
https://www.joann.com/search?q=Sew%2...prefv1=Product
and solids too:
https://www.joann.com/sew-lush-fleec...16239220a.html

edit: I just noticed that some of these listed are available for in store pickup only-shipping isn't available. You order online, then go pick up at the brick and mortar. Like pizza! [/QUOTE

This is the site I was looking on I just didn't know anyone who knew the 'feel' of it, if is was like Minky.
Old 10-31-2020, 08:16 PM

I've used their brand as backing on 3-4 quilts without any problems. I always look for a "minky" type backing that has a nice stable wrong side so stretch is kept to a minimum.