Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What Are The Fastest Projects You Know Of?

What a sad time for the family. A rail fence baby quilt can be done in one day.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltnmore
    How about the microwave potato bags?
    If you make these, make note that they can also be used to cook corn on the cob.

So sorry to hear of their loss. Bless you for contributing to the raffles!

Pillowcase.

Yesterday someone posted a pattern from Martha Stewart for a pencil case. It sounded quick and easy ... uses only a placemat abd a shoelace. If you are interested, I'll try to locate the post.

Sorry about the tiny tot, it is always harder when they are so young. Will pray for her.
    Why not use a Stack and Whack for table runners or table topper? they are nice and quick.

Would LOVE to see this one, please....

Quote Originally Posted by Lynneander
    Yesterday someone posted a pattern from Martha Stewart for a pencil case. It sounded quick and easy ... uses only a placemat abd a shoelace. If you are interested, I'll try to locate the post.

Quote Originally Posted by Feathers
    How about a no-pill fleece blanket...only takes 2 fabrics, and only takes 1 1/2 yards of each fabric. Put wrong sides together, sew 3 to 4 inches from the outside edge all the way around then take sharp scissors and cut frindge to your sewing line being careful NOT to cut through your sewing line, all the way around. You can tie the back and front fringe together in a knot or just leave the frindge as is. I like the tied in a knot look the best. This is a project you can drag along in the car when on a car trip or on your way to church with the family...just tie off or cut the fringe as time permits. Quicik, easy and a very nice inexpensive gift.
    Thanks for a great idea Feathers!

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow
    Would LOVE to see this one, please....

Quote Originally Posted by Lynneander
    This is the informatioin so generously posted by waterside yesterday: http://www.marthastewart.com/269312/...BORmhzB8V7Uqlc

Quote Originally Posted by Ps 150
    A sweet little girl, age 4, died this morning here in Upstate NY. I don't know her personally but her family and I have a mutual friend. She's been on my prayer list all week since she fell ill last Saturday with a really high fever. She's been hospitalized since Monday and passed this morning from the EEE virus which is contracted from mosquito bites.

Friends of the family are hosting a benefit this Saturday, (in 6 days) and are looking for donations to be raffled off and for food for the benefit. Most everyone has offered up enough food but only one other person has offered something to be raffled by making a Tastefully Simple basket so I volunteered to make stuff for the benefit. I already have two baby blankets that I made and were just sitting around but now I'm looking for some really fast sewing projects to put together as well. I have a pattern for a 10 minute Tablerunner but not a lot of other patterns. Any thoughts?
    Diappearing 9 Patch with only 3 colors of fabrics or the 1600 yard quilt made with a jelly roll (this one is definitely the fastest) or the Strip Search pattern made with a jelly roll.

wow really sorry to hear of the loss of the young child.you are very kind and generous to help them out.
    God Bless

Blog Entries
    Sorry to hear of their loss. Its so nice of you to volunteer to make gifts.

Log cabin, rail fence, lovers knot all go pretty quick
    bags pincushions, aprons, potholders are also fast

You could make a quilt pretty fast using the snowball block for every other block.

http://www.straw.com/quilting/articles/snowball3.html

Thanks so much for the ideas! I was planning to start on these projects yesterday but an oversized delivery truck ripped out our electrical lines so I was out of power for most of yesterday. Soooo, I'm going to start this afternoon. We homeschool our daughters so I'm going to get them started and then I'm going to get started.

I love your dragonfly image/info and they eat virus-carrying mosquitos too

Amen FabricAddict! No child should have to fear the bite of a mosquito or playing outside on a summer's night but that's what it's come to. She passed away just two days before her 5th birthday.

The benefit is this Saturday and tomorrow I'm dropping some things off for the benefit. Some ladies from my quilting group donated ( including one of our own~thanks Betty!), someone else from this board (thanks Sue!) and many others. There's slated to be more than 300 in attendance at the benefit and that's just from the facebook world. The little girl, Maggie Sue, has remained in my prayers since she first fell ill, 8 days before she passed, and her family will now take her place in my prayers.

Blog Entries
    Just take random squares, say 6 inch size, sew them together, pin, quilt, binding, and you have a pretty quilt, any size you would like it to be. I especially like to use "kid friendly" prints, and solid colors (like color crayon colors)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2