Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: What to make with these chains???

What to make with these chains???

I have 7 charm packs and 2, 2 yard cuts of some matching fabric, anyone have a idea of what quilt pattern to make.. I would like to make a king size and can add some other fabric like a background fabric, if I need to..

I was thinking of the jewel box with a white background, anyone else coming up with another idea for a quilt to make with these charms? Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

I would use a pale blue if it was me. Sharonve

Gay
    Blog Entries
    Irish Chain - single, double?

background white/off white.

Pretty fabrics! I like the jewel box idea but whatever you make will be lovely.

Ribbons is a very nice pattern for those. You cut the 5" squares down the middle and add in a 1" background strip. Afterwards the square is still 5". Lay those out on point with alternating background charms. See Donna Jordan demonstrate making it on You Tube, "Jordan Fabrics". I am almost done with a Ribbons scrappy top made much larger than the one Donna Jordan makes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAbitCrazy View Post
    Ribbons is a very nice pattern for those. You cut the 5" squares down the middle and add in a 1" background strip. Afterwards the square is still 5". Lay those out on point with alternating background charms. See Donna Jordan demonstrate making it on You Tube, "Jordan Fabrics". I am almost done with a Ribbons scrappy top made much larger than the one Donna Jordan makes.
    I was curious about this pattern so googled it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVm0IH1hKZw
    What I found most interesting is that she trims off the pinked edges... so apparently they are excess to the 10" size of the layer cake. It's a neat pattern and very easy to do.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Great pattern for an easy quick quilt! Thanks for sharing
    "I may not believe in what you say but will defend your right to say it"- Voltaire

The BQ series quilts by Maple Island would work very well for these.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bq+q...w=1680&bih=905
    Last edited by RedGarnet222; 05-03-2019 at 08:23 AM.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Quote Originally Posted by JustAbitCrazy View Post
    I would make a scrappy one as well, please be sure to post a photo of your version.

There are tons of ideas on the internet. If I am stumped for a pattern I go to Pinterest and get some great ideas. Please share with us on what you decide. Beautiful fabrics