Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What is the one quilting tool you had to have but have never used? >

What is the one quilting tool you had to have but have never used?

What is the one quilting tool you had to have but have never used?

Old 12-15-2017, 05:53 AM
Power Poster

I'm glad I never bought that pounce thing. I've heard nothing but complaints about it from all of you.
I have enough stuff I don't use
Old 12-15-2017, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by cashs_mom View Post
That could be why people don't use it. By the time I finished slamming it on a hard surface 100 times, I'd be ready to just toss it out.
I'd give it to my older son on one of his cranky days and let him go to town.
Old 12-15-2017, 08:25 AM

I think my item tops the list. I have a longarm that I never use.

Years ago, one of my quilting friends owned a stretched Singer 201. Ever hear of the Wow company? They would take certain DSMs and stretch them to a longarm length. This Singer 201 was stretched out so the harp was 18 inches. My friend used it for years, then decided to upgrade to another machine. She gave the Singer to me, saying she'd like to see what I did with it. So I set it up on a Hint frame and started quilting. I did okay for a while, but it didn't have a stitch regulator, and I found that frustrating. My husband, bless his heart, decided he could build a stitch regulator for me. He bought all kinds of electronic doodads and sensors. He planned to add lights and micro-handles to it, to make it even more awesome. Can I just say he has a massive case of Squirrel Disease? And there it sits, 3-4 years later, parts scattered hither and yon, completely inoperable. I finally told him I gave up waiting for him to fix it, and I want an Innova. I thought maybe that would prod him into action. Nope. He now believes he's off the hook and doesn't need to finish it.

Anyone want to buy a Hint frame?
Old 12-15-2017, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by lisalovesquilting View Post
I do use the purple thang when I can find it! But I have a template called the Quilters Boot. Not even sure what it's for. Anyone heard of this?
I have it, but it probably takes a bit of practice, which I have not mastered.

FREE Quilting Newsletter