Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What part of quilting do you enjoy and why?

Banned
    Is it cutting fabric, quilting, designing, patchwork, applique, crazy quilts, art quilts, penny rugs, hand piecing, machine piecing, foundation paper piecing, english paper piecing, hand quilting, machine quilting, embroidery or something else?

Cindy Mccoy

for some reason I'm finding that cutting the fabric is the most enjoyable. Am saving selvages and strings for quilts. "Waste not, want not."

Blog Entries
    I like designing and machine piecing. It's fun to see the design take shape and come together. My least favorite is cutting. It's tedious and leaves me with a bach ache. Plus I'm always a little nervous about messing things up.

i love the planning/dreaming of process. next the sewing part that gets me to the finished top. unfavorite part - the cutting. i just want to sew sew sew!

My absolute favorite part is the persons face when they receive the finished quilt, with all of its imperfections, but full of love, hugs and smiles. :-D

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    Mine is buying the fabric's. Actually I love cutting my fabs then sewing them together. I don't enjoy the sandwiching at all. Wish I could afford to pay someone to do it for me.

Blog Entries
    I agree with cjomomma; I love to plan the colors, buy the fabric and make the top. I hate to sandwich and I enjoy hand quilting.

I like to plan, match colors with designs, figure out the sizes, organize, then cut. I could make kits all day!

Next favorite is piecing the quilt top. I have about 15 done, but just folded up.

WORST: quilting!

Blog Entries
    I like the quilting designs...but not sure I like doing it by hand...LOL

It may seem silly but I enjoy the hand sewing the binding down to the back of the quilt. Gives me the feeling of accomplishment that another quilt is completed.

I like choosing the fabric, cutting, and sewing the pieces together. I also like applique quite a bit.

Don't really like putting the backing and batting together.

I love the quilting process so much that sometimes I just sandwich two pieces of fabric together and quilt them just for fun.

Blog Entries
    I love all the planning, and laying out designs on graph paper to be colored in with colored pencils. Brings out the 6 year-old in me. I also love the math (not that it always add up, lol)

Then I love to audition the fabric and pick the perfect combinations.

Cutting - so/so, sewing the blocks - OK, putting the rows into a top - allright....and the rest is why I have UFOs.

Quote Originally Posted by cjomomma
    Mine is buying the fabric's. Actually I love cutting my fabs then sewing them together. I don't enjoy the sandwiching at all. Wish I could afford to pay someone to do it for me.
    Me too...I also really enjoy the quilting, binding is great too...It is very satisfying and it frames the whole quilt.

Blog Entries
    Aside from buying fabric, sewing on the binding by hand is my favorite part. To me, it means my quilt is done and all my hard work will soon get to be enjoyed!! I also like the peacefullness of just sitting and sewing. I would love to hand quilt, but my arthritis would never let me do an entire quilt.

Blog Entries
    I love the excitement of finding that oh I can't wait to get started pattern, picking the fabric and had quilting and then the binding. Really I love it all. Isn't it why we are here because we love quilting and sharing

My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlquilter
    My absolute favorite part is the persons face when they receive the finished quilt, with all of its imperfections, but full of love, hugs and smiles. :-D
    Absolutely! Well said.. So, I copy clipped..

Best part.

Since I am relatively new at this I find that planning and designing it is fun.
    I love to quilt with my walking foot on the machine.
    I do not like the cutting process!

No doubt: I enjoy hand quilting most, but I also like designing my own quilting patterns.

I love it all...except for the binding... i hate doing bindings lol

I love sitting down and doing the hand sewing of the binding to back, after all is completed. Love having that finished project all around me. It is a peaceful time for me.

I love planning and selecting fabric the most, then the piecing process. I hate having to wait if I am prewashing fabric LOL. Cutting can be annoying at times because my back will hurt or maybe the cutting instructions aren't the most practical. I put off the quilting part because I'm not very good and need more practice,

Susan

I love the planning, and the cutting, then the quilting the best!

I love everything from start to finish...it is my creative adventure and it gives me so much joy and satisfaction.

When the people receive the quilt. The look of love and surprise on their face is worth all the work, time and effort that was put into the quilt. Them realizing how much you really love them when they see it is just priceless.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast