Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What Pattern is this?

Formerly NY, IL, AL, TN, HI, FL, AL, MD and Germany. Now living in TN again.

What Pattern is this?

Can someone tell me what this pattern is called? My daughter wants this one and it looks quite simple but I cannot find it. Thank you so much!

Linda
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Don't know the pattern, but it is beautiful! Looks easy enough to just make without a pattern.

I thought so too. I am making a wedding signature quilt for her and would like the starting measurements.

My quilting math is not that good. But sure love the pattern. Will be watching this one closely.

Power Poster
    For some reason I think it might be an Atkinson pattern? Yep, the name is Slide Show by Atkinson Designs.
    Last edited by Tartan; 01-19-2013 at 06:29 PM.

Her quilt will end up being a king size for measurements would make it a whole lot easier.

The pattern is called Slide Show by Atkinson Design. http://store.atkinsondesigns.com/sto...3&Item_ID=1023

It is fun to make.
    "Be brave enough to be who you really are.

LOVE YOUR PRECIOUS HEART!!! I appreciate your help so much!

Linda

Love it!!!!

Blog Entries
    It is very similar to Slide Show, but not the same. If you compare the pics, Slide Show has one row of small squares between the larger ones. The sample the original poster attached has small squares surrounding the larger ones.

It's Really cute!!!

It looks like the block ends on the small squares then there is sashing between them. There is 9 small blocks around the edge (5 colored, 4 background) The easiest size to make this block is 9 x 9. The center is 5 inches with a 1 inch 'sash' of background (making the block 7 inch) then the row of small blocks which will make the 9 inch block. The sashing looks like it is 2 inch. These are finished sizes, not cutting sizes. add 1/2 inch to the finished size above (1/4 inch each side). It would be an easy quilt to make. With a signature quilt if you reverse the colors then you would have the center for signatures on a white or beige muslin type fabric.

Does that help?
    Last edited by CoyoteQuilts; 01-19-2013 at 08:09 PM. Reason: to add sashing width

Blog Entries
    I have an extra one of the Slide Show pattern. I would be glad to send it to you. Consider it an early wedding gift for the lucky couple. I will PM you.
    Vonda-Texas MiMi of 4 Beautiful Grandbabies

It sure does. Thank you for your help!

Linda

Vonda, you are so sweet! Wish I had checked in here earlier. I already ordered it. Thank you for such generosity!

Linda

Vonda, sent you a private message.

Linida

Senior Member quilter in the making's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Love this quilt, also. Congratulations on your daughter's upcoming wedding. I have been asked by my future daughter-in-law to make a signature quilt for them for their wedding guest book. They are getting married October 26th. I have only done one signature quilt before, for a teacher undergoing treatment for breast cancer and had all of the students and her coworkers sign blocks, but there were several signatures per block. May I pick your brain as to the planning of the quilt? Are you having them just sign squares of fabric, making the blocks ahead of time and having them sign somewhere on the blocks? How are you estimating how many signed blocks you will need for the quilt. I'm afraid that the men won't sign the blocks and that only the women will sign. Any insight would be appreciated!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    In comparing the photo with the pattern referenced it looks like the one in the photo has a white sashing between the blocks which include the smaller squares around the larger center square. Like taking the original pattern and adding sashing to make it larger. I like the photoed quilt better than the pattern one. Either one is pretty and tempting to add to my 'to do' list.
    Thanks for posting.

Love the pictured quilt. I would like to do one like that too...I will keep watching here to see if anyone comes up with the pattern for it.
    Amythyst

Quote Originally Posted by katier825 View Post
    It is very similar to Slide Show, but not the same. If you compare the pics, Slide Show has one row of small squares between the larger ones. The sample the original poster attached has small squares surrounding the larger ones.
    Wow, katier, you are very observant! Both designs are great!
    One step at a time, always forward.

I've also seen the pattern called "Film At Five".
    A fabric stash is always missing that one fabric needed to finish the quilt on which you're working.

Blog Entries
    Beautiful pattern, I like all three variations. Here is the Film at Five pattern. http://www.favequilts.com/Full-or-Do...t-Pattern/ct/2
    Last edited by Quilter7x; 01-21-2013 at 04:16 AM.

Blog Entries
    It looks alot like "Film at Five", except the center block there is constructed from scrap squares, should be easy to use one single square the same size as the combined scrap squares. "Film at Five" is a free pattern. I love the simplicity of this scrap quilt.
    Aurora

"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." -Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Quilter7x View Post
    Beautiful pattern, I like all three variations. Here is the Film at Five pattern. http://www.favequilts.com/Full-or-Do...t-Pattern/ct/2
    Thank you for sharing this free pattern. I have been looking for an idea to use up some scraps and I think I will make this quilt.
    "Be brave enough to be who you really are.

When I googled this image in google images it popped up mostly on pintrest and the link there said it was a Connecting Threads pattern but it appears that it in no longer available. The "film at five" looks pretty close.
    Betty

A quilt will warm your body and comfort your soul.

http://notesfrommoosehaven.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast