Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What Quilt Design Software do you have/like? >

What Quilt Design Software do you have/like?

What Quilt Design Software do you have/like?

Old 07-18-2009, 07:32 PM
Power Poster

I love my EQ6 program!!! I don't think you would be disappointed with it :wink:
Old 07-18-2009, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Harmony
I thing EQ 6 is the gold standard. I use it, and I love it, even though I still haven't figured out how to do everything I want to do on it yet. There's definitely a learning curve involved for the more advanced features, but as a beginner you can jump right in and start having some fun! I'd highly recommend it--you won't outgrow it.
I think that's a really good point... as your quilting skills improve, EQ keeps up, you just use more and more of the advanced features. I would imagine that you wouldn't ever outgrow it.

I have had it for about a year, and I absolutely love it. From the simplest task of getting the measurements for a single block, to designing a large quilt with multiple blocks and borders, it's just awesome. :-)
Old 07-18-2009, 09:21 PM

I started with Quilt Wozard...Like 20 bucks at JoAnns...to see if I would use a software program to play around with and design quilts...
After about 6 months of that, it convinced me to get EQ6...
It was hard because I could've spent that money on fabric but I have to tell you...any block I choose, I can make any size and get the Rotary cutting directions for...
I can import my fabric choices for the quilt I want to make and see how their auditions turn out.
With EQ6 it is like making the quilt before commiting time, fabric and money to the quilt...If I don't like it, I can change it.
And EQ6 is not hard to learn. I did the lessons in the book and now belong to the group on planetpatchwork...so I am learning all the time.
Kirsten
Old 07-19-2009, 03:59 AM

I'm like dunster. I originally bought Quilt Wizard and played with that a little, but it didn't do some of the things I wanted to do. I eventually ended up buying EQ6 and love it. There IS a learning curve, and I certainly don't do everything it can do, but the things I DO use it for make it priceless for me! You won't be sorry if you invest in it (and yes, it is an investment for most of us).
Old 07-19-2009, 05:14 AM
Power Poster

I still have EQ5 but love it! I will upgrade to EQ6 at some point but so far have not seen the need to do it. I went through the books to learn it, so its pretty awesome in what it does for me. To be honest, I bought mine on ebay for $35.00. I wanted to see if I liked the program before I invested the bigger bucks in it.
Old 07-19-2009, 05:15 AM

I don't have either. Just my books.
But, I will admit, that sometimes when someone posts a picture of something they are making with EQ5 or 6, I'll download the picture.
I told hubby that once we get back to the states, I want to get EQ6
Old 07-19-2009, 05:16 AM

Great info ladies! What are the difference's between Eq5 and Eq6?
Old 07-19-2009, 06:14 AM

I did not have the funds for EQ6 but did buy Quilt Wizard. It is well worth the 29 dollars. It is fun and you can use the blocks to design quilts.
You cannot design your own blocks with it. You can size your blocks and turn in different directions. And you can download a new pattern every month from thier website.
It is good preparation for the more expensive software.
Old 07-19-2009, 06:21 AM

I just now purchased the Quilt Design Wizard software. I REALLY want EQ 6 but I need to save up first.