Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What is this quilt pattern called? >

What is this quilt pattern called?

What is this quilt pattern called?

Old 12-18-2016, 10:55 AM
Auj

Default Parasol lady quilt

I'm so glad to have happened upon this thread! i have just finished one for my niece who asked me to make one for her 'just like Grandma's quilt'. 'Grandma' is my mother and her mother (my grandmother) made one for her. Of course I didn't have a pattern and the ones I saw online weren't as nice as my mother's quilt is. Either I saw ones that were somewhat childish or just not what I liked. So my mother took a photo of one of the blocks and I enlarged it enough, then traced, made templates, and finished the quilt. I got bogged down and stopped for a few months, but it is done and ready to box up and send to my niece.

I'm going to try to attach two photos - one of the whole quilt and one of one block so the person who asked about quilting one can see what my quilter did. She did a small stipple all around the lady, made three tiers of her skirt, and did one arc in the parasol. I appliqued it with fusible and used my sewing machine to 'blanket stitch' it all down. that is how my mother's is done. i also took a fabric pen and traced the arms, neck and parasol handle. I am fairly certain that my grandmother made her own pattern. I was pleased to use the same pattern that she made and used.
Attached Thumbnails parasol-ladies-quilt.jpg   parasol-lady-blue.jpg  
Old 12-18-2016, 08:33 PM

Southern Belle, and THAT has to be ONE OF THE NEATEST, CLEANEST CLOSETS I've ever seen.
Old 12-19-2016, 10:09 AM
Power Poster

they are beautiful. YOu can't help but love them!!