Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What quilt projects are you working on now? >

What quilt projects are you working on now?

What quilt projects are you working on now?

Old 01-05-2010, 06:12 PM
Google Goddess

Hi Marjpf,

Please post a photo so we can see your cool potholders!

Originally Posted by Marjpf
I just finished making new six pot holders with all the left over bits that were cut 1-1/2" and most no longer than 5". Felt good to get that project out of my head!
Old 01-05-2010, 06:14 PM
Google Goddess

Hi amma,

What swaps are you working on for this month???

Originally Posted by amma
Working on the swaps for this month :D:D:D
Old 01-05-2010, 06:20 PM

I am hand quilting a quilt that my MIL started. She made one for her bed when she retired. It is all ivory muslin and each block has a candlewicked design on it. She used large block and stitched them together and added 2 inch wide ivory lace over the seams between each block. Then she had it hand quited. Everyone loved it and kept asking "where's mine?" She was worried there would be a fight over it after she died, so she started right away embroidering blocks to make each of her 8 children a quilt. She finished the second one by herself and then asked me to help. I cut blocks and serged the edges. I hand quilted one. I stitched lace on another. Quilting gave me the chance to know what a wonderful person she was. Anyway, one of the last conversations I had with her was about the last quilt........my husband's...he is the youngest. She started to cry and said she was afraid she would not get it finished before she died. I asked her if she would like me to finish it for her. She really cried then and said yes. She was glad all her kids would get one. She had 27 out of 42 blocks embroideried. I put them together with the unfinished one and I am hand quilting it like the others were done. In the plain blocks, I am quilting in a design. It is in unbleached muslin, with ivory candlewicking and ivory lace. I am working on the 19th block so I am almost halfway done. I am hoping to have it done by our 25 anniversary in June. She has been gone 2 years now and I miss her very much. I have already given the quilt a name......A Promice Kept.....she for making one for each of her kids and me, for finishing it for her as i promised.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:25 PM

I am almost done hand quilting one of the yellow and blue lap quilts. Have the binding started and will iron that and get it sewed on this week. Then I will hand quilt the other one. They are for my grandmothers. (I know I broke my promise that the train quilt would be the next done - but I will finish it this year!)

Mary I love that you are doing that for her and what a great name for the quilt!

Kyia
Old 01-05-2010, 06:41 PM

What a beautiful story and such a special thing to share with your MIL. That is what warms the heart, those special moments and memories shared.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:07 PM

I'm working on the September wall hanging from the series "Year in a Snap." I have September, October, November and December left to do to have the whole year done. Each wall hanging is about 16 X 20.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:18 PM

I'm working on a Warm Wishes baby quilt. The baby shower is this weekend. All I have left is the binding. Hope to post pictures when done!!
Old 01-05-2010, 11:12 PM
Banned

i'm working on a few projects right now

1) 2 breast cancer quilts (1 is a utility quilt and 1 is an art quilt).

2) a baby quilt for a client.

3) a bargello for DH

4) an optical illusion for DH

5) a self portrait for me

6) a Dear Jane Quilt

7) various hand dyeing and hand painting projects

8) Dear Jane Block and Triangle Swaps
Old 01-05-2010, 11:33 PM

Just finished a denim circle tote that I designed myself from a circle quilt pattern, and started on the blocks from a pattern for my son in black, white and reds. Just hoping that I don't mess up on cutting as I'm not sure if I have enough fabric for the blocks. Here's to hoping :D
Old 01-06-2010, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by craftybear
Hi Marjpf,

Please post a photo so we can see your cool potholders!

Originally Posted by Marjpf
I just finished making new six pot holders with all the left over bits that were cut 1-1/2" and most no longer than 5". Felt good to get that project out of my head!
I promise I will try to make tonight picture taking night. Then all I have to do is figure out how to get them off my Mac! My daughter always did it for me, but she moved out - lost tech support AND my favorite seam ripper.