Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What quilting tool is on your christmas wish list? >

What quilting tool is on your christmas wish list?

What quilting tool is on your christmas wish list?

Old 11-15-2011, 12:16 AM

I received my Christmas present already. Got a Singer treadle red eye machine made in 1910!
Old 11-15-2011, 01:30 AM

Default RV Quilting

Originally Posted by Becky Crafts View Post
There is a used Huskqvarna sewing machine at JoAnn's I've been dreaming of, but not with our finances, so I'd be happy with an ironing sack. It's like a pillow you can iron on or even one of those cut on one side/iron on the other things. Right now, I'm using a towel on the counter top to iron on. It's that or go outside every time I want to iron something so we can get to the bathroom! LOL!! My sewing really crimps our style in the motorhome! :-)
Becky Crafts, I use a cut and press mat in my RV and love it! I have a small TV tray that I set up next to the dinning table and just place the mat on it. It rides nicely behind the sleeper sofa but would also sit just fine behind one of the recliners. I have a rear kitchen though so that might be why it works out for me. I've also used it on the stove top (with the lid shut) and that works good too. If you find that it slide around a bit on the stove top just put a piece of that rubberized cabinet liner under it.

Last edited by Rose L; 11-15-2011 at 01:45 AM.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:48 AM

I guess that if I asked for anything, which I don't think I am going to, I would ask for gift cards to buy more backing fabrics. My DH has been more than generous in adding to my quilting hobby this year and I have tons of things to get made and quilted. I really don't need anything more for a good long while. I hope you all get what is on your wish lists! Season's Greeting to you all.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingKrazy View Post
So I'm gonna be a bit different here when it comes to what tools I want for Christmas.... I want a gift card to LOWES
Home Improvement! I love that place better than WalMart! Yea it doesn't have fabric or thread but lots of other goodies for the sewing room. Shelving, storage bins, paint,painters tape, and so much more, you just gotta use your imagination. When I was creating my sewing room, I had a blast shopping there and I actually did it ALL MYSELF!
You did an incredible job. Did you insert your machine inside a banquet table yourself???
Old 11-15-2011, 04:07 AM

A sashiko machine would be nice...
Old 11-15-2011, 04:22 AM

Accuquilt and the extention table for my machine :-)
Old 11-15-2011, 04:31 AM

I. ' m asking Santa and his elves to make an automatic seam ripper...wish they would event one!!!!
Old 11-15-2011, 12:51 PM

Mine is the ruler with a bunch of slits in it so I can more easily cut strips.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:35 PM

My local sewing/repair shop will order things for you from Nancy's Notions so I took my catalog and circled a few things for him to pick from. I also wrote the page numbers on the front to make it really easy. One of the things I have been wanting is a Neez-ez. I waste a lot of my sewing time chasing the foot pedal even with a rubber liner under it. A magna hoop for my embroidery machine would be extra nice.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:10 PM

I want a small portable sewing machine (Babylock Aurdrey) and an Ipad2 (goign to put every quilting app out there on that when I get it)